Confirmed Trade: [VAN/ARI] Ekman-Larsson (12% ret.), Garland for Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, 9th OA, '22 2nd, '23 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think this trade is all about years 1-3 for the Nucks and for the Yotes is a huge L until year four. Then, it’s entirely dependent on Dylan Guenther and how wisely they use all that cap space.
Just you wait - Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson will be fully rejuvenated by the trade, and they'll drag Arizona into the playoffs, ruining everyone's predictions for how this trade plays out.

Reactions: Morrison

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just you wait - Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson will be fully rejuvenated by the trade, and they'll drag Arizona into the playoffs, ruining everyone's predictions for how this trade plays out.
Beagle will be LTIR and insurance probably picks up a portion of the tab. Eriksson will refuse to report to Tucson, terminate his contract and go play in Sweden. Roussel is a fine 4th liner and you know it.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I think he’ll have at least two good seasons. His shot deterioration is not psychological, though. Those twenty goal seasons are long gone. That’s an injury thing. He let that slip during a between periods interview on the local fox sports station recently. I also think his decline in mobility cant be pinned on issues between his ears, entirely. He’s not that old, but we’re talking hard miles, here.

I’ve got serious doubts about Garland’s longevity, too, if he doesn’t change his game drastically. If he does change his game drastically, I have serious doubts about his overall value.

I think this trade is all about years 1-3 for the Nucks and for the Yotes is a huge L until year four. Then, it’s entirely dependent on Dylan Guenther and how wisely they use all that cap space.

I'm not too concerned about him being a big scorer, doesn't need to be w/ Hughes here. Think he's a smart enough player & good enough passer that he'll pick up points playing with our skill forwards. If he can do that and play minutes either as a #3 or best case #2 (for a few years) it'll be worthwhile.

For the Yotes Guenther is obviously just 1 piece but should be a really good one. If you guys get another few high picks (and hit on some of those 2nds + late rounders) you could have the makings of a nice core over time. Either way moving off OEL & getting value for a prime aged player like Garland is a good first step.

Reactions: rt

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
One of the the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on hf.

Ah yes, his lack of leadership needed to turn around that sinking ship...he just needed to puff his chest out more and make sure his teammates saw that jawline at the perfect angle.

Being off your game and needing a change of scenery doesn't mean he mailed it in and was doing nothing, you are definitely projecting.

Wow. Just, wow, lol! Call an argument "One of the the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on hf." And then proceed to say "watch this!" Lol

Believe me, he seemed depressed and uninterested. We expected more for our star player making $8+ million. He failed big time. And who said anything about puffing his chest and all that crap you added? SMDH

What he meant was leaders motivate.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Wow. Just, wow, lol! Call an argument "One of the the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on hf." And then proceed to say "watch this!" Lol

Believe me, he seemed depressed and uninterested. We expected more for our star player making $8+ million. He failed big time. And who said anything about puffing his chest and all that crap you added? SMDH

What he meant was leaders motivate.

It is dumb. Leadership isn't something we can tangibly observe from our sofas- putting the blame of the Coyotes shit team on OEL is equally dumb. The dude has been notably off his game for the last 2-3 years and because he wore the 'C' he's the catalyst to all this failure. Dumb notion sorry mate won't be convinced otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad