VALUE of players for trade???

member 71782

As a Rangers fan, I would make the deal. But I'm sure WR would want a younger body in return as well.

Making a deal with conditional picks badef on injury recurrences etc. might be a little sticky. Has that been done before at this level?

I don't know if that type of condition has been used or not but any team acquiring him will be looking for some type of guarantee he is healthy and fully recovered. At the same time WR would want to ensure he doesn't lose compensation because of another injury that could happen during a game.

As for a player in return, agree WR would want someone back but is anyone going to offer up a player if they have concerns about Vilardi's durability.

I think value wise it's tough to judge. Most GMs likely have concerns about his durability but at the same time he could provide quite the reward if he proves he is 100% and is returned next year even though that appears unlikely according to the post.

If Windsor moves him, still don't think they will, I think it's a deal WR knows he will never get full value for Vilardi but he can still get a solid return when all the risks are considered.

I guess a better understanding of what full value for Vilardi would be would help.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
With suggestions/speculation in the Windsor thread that Vilardi may be available due to LA likely keeping him up next year what's his value once the trade freeze is lifted?

As it was suggested, Windsor will likely want to save a card and with him scheduled to return on Dec. 28th would look to potentially move him right away.

If he stays healthy his value is high but teams will look at the risk involved so obviously any deal would be centred around conditional picks.

Would something like

2019 2nd
2020 3rd
2021 3rd
2022 2nd conditional he plays out the regular season with no recurrences of know injuries
2023 2nd conditional he returns next year
2023 3rd conditional he returns next year

Picks only, 3 conditional. If he has no issues 2 2nds and 2 3rds is a steal for Vilardi. If he returns another 2nd and 3rd still makes him a steal considering he could be dealt for just as much of a return next year.

Thoughts
Far too risky with his history of injuries. Proceed with caution on previously injured players.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With suggestions/speculation in the Windsor thread that Vilardi may be available due to LA likely keeping him up next year what's his value once the trade freeze is lifted?

As it was suggested, Windsor will likely want to save a card and with him scheduled to return on Dec. 28th would look to potentially move him right away.

If he stays healthy his value is high but teams will look at the risk involved so obviously any deal would be centred around conditional picks.

Would something like

2019 2nd
2020 3rd
2021 3rd
2022 2nd conditional he plays out the regular season with no recurrences of know injuries
2023 2nd conditional he returns next year
2023 3rd conditional he returns next year

Picks only, 3 conditional. If he has no issues 2 2nds and 2 3rds is a steal for Vilardi. If he returns another 2nd and 3rd still makes him a steal considering he could be dealt for just as much of a return next year.

Thoughts

If Vilardi were to become available, I would think the following would apply:

2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 2nd

The two conditional 2nds are based on his return next year. If there were no question of injury, they’d get one additional 2nd and a 17 year old similar to the player Barrie gave up in the Luchuk deal.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 2nd

The two conditional 2nds are based on his return next year. If there were no question of injury, they’d get one additional 2nd and a 17 year old similar to the player Barrie gave up in the Luchuk deal.
Hope Ottawa pays that price and not Kitchener. Too risky for player prone to injuries. Ottawa can afford it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hope Ottawa pays that price and not Kitchener. Too risky for player prone to injuries. Ottawa can afford it.

And yet Brown has had injury issues and his proposed value is through the roof compared to Vilardi.

If I were Ottawa, it may make sense to roll the dice on this one. I know many feel he is LA bound next year but I think his injuries make it difficult to justify playing against NHLers without another year in junior to strengthen up.

Reactions: member 71782

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
And yet Brown has had injury issues and his proposed value is through the roof compared to Vilardi.

If I were Ottawa, it may make sense to roll the dice on this one. I know many feel he is LA bound next year but I think his injuries make it difficult to justify playing against NHLers without another year in junior to strengthen up.
Being from Kingston he might agree to go east to get closer to home.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Just saying the Rangers already have a three goalies with injuries and a top two D. Just too risky I would think to take a chance of one awkward hit and the player is done. We had Mason and all know how that worked out.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Just saying the Rangers already have a three goalies with injuries and a top two D. Just too risky I would think to take a chance of one awkward hit and the player is done. We had Mason and all know how that worked out.

Ottawa needs a goalie. I’d do DiPietro and Vilardi before I’d pony up on DiPietro and Brown.

Reactions: member 71782

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Not certain what Saginaw will do, but I'd say that the GM would be open to offers on the following:

Crawford
Cormier
Middleton
Gilmour

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I noticed in another thread you said Crawford has to go. Guess it wouldn't take more than a 15th rounder to acquire him correct?

That is correct! He is yours! And keep the 15th round, we will just call it a favour! You just do the paper work!

Kidding. It wouldn't take much more, but I'm guessing about a 7th round pick.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
That is correct! He is yours! And keep the 15th round, we will just call it a favour! You just do the paper work!

Kidding. It wouldn't take much more, but I'm guessing about a 7th round pick.
The kid has quite a few points this season. What exactly are your concerns with the way he plays SaginawFan.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

2nd
2nd
3rd
3rd
4th
Conditional 2nd
Conditional 2nd

Probably too much for a player who hasn't played yet this season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Probably too much for a player who hasn't played yet this season.

HE’s an 18 year old almost top 10 NHL pick. I think any team that could get him for that would get a steal, especially if an extension of the conditionals are he needs to play at least 30 games next season.

I understand the injury issues but if he is cleared medically to play and it isn’t a “pump him full of drugs NFL clearance” then I would roll the dice for sure.

Anything less than that, I don’t think it would be in Windsor’s best interest to trade him to be honest.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
My buddies and I were talking about this yesterday. While Vilardi hasn't played, you can't assume that he's not going to produce once he's in the lineup. If WR doesn't get fair value, there's no point in dealing him. A deal that includes a handful of high picks (2-4 reds), plus conditionals, is probably the best way to go. Anything less and what's the incentive for WR to deal him? It may be a risk for other teams, given his season to date, but it's also a risk for Windsor. If WR accepts less than desired, and Vilardi flourishes this year, it looks bad on Windsor.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
My buddies and I were talking about this yesterday. While Vilardi hasn't played, you can't assume that he's not going to produce once he's in the lineup. If WR doesn't get fair value, there's no point in dealing him. A deal that includes a handful of high picks (2-4 reds), plus conditionals, is probably the best way to go. Anything less and what's the incentive for WR to deal him? It may be a risk for other teams, given his season to date, but it's also a risk for Windsor. If WR accepts less than desired, and Vilardi flourishes this year, it looks bad on Windsor.
And if Windsor does not move him and he has a good year - would make for some high picks next year to rent him. Windsor is not forced to move him this year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The risk is that he makes the pros at 19. Is it likely to happen? No, but it's there, especially if he's injury-free the rest of this season. Again, if I'm WR, I'm setting a price that's reasonable and, if you don't match, no go.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Carbonara and McCool were good enough to get a 4th out of them. So you would think Crawford with a good offensive game going could be a fit for the right team? 2nd rounder or keep

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I suppose the best way to figure out a player's value at the deadline will be to look at what comparable players went for at last year's deadline. For example, Cirelli and Stephens were the top players dealt at last year's deadline. This year if, say Raddysh or McLeod are dealt I suppose we could look at the returns for Cirelli and Stephens and I would assume that Raddysh and McLeod would go for comparable returns give or take a pick or two.

I used these four players since they are all world junior players which means they are very high-end.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I suppose the best way to figure out a player's value at the deadline will be to look at what comparable players went for at last year's deadline. For example, Cirelli and Stephens were the top players dealt at last year's deadline. This year if, say Raddysh or McLeod are dealt I suppose we could look at the returns for Cirelli and Stephens and I would assume that Raddysh and McLeod would go for comparable returns give or take a pick or two.

I used these four players since they are all world junior players which means they are very high-end.
I would put Brown ahead of McLeod and he is with team USA WJ's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad