Proposal: Value of Derrick Pouliot

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I'd be more proactive, and try to trade for him before the draft.
that's a horrible poker move.
Vegas would rather likely have a young,exciting forward for Pouliot. make the trade after the draft instead of increasing your odds of losing a great forward asset (Matty P would be a top 6 Vegas forward)

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Vegas would rather likely have a young,exciting forward for Pouliot. make the trade after the draft instead of increasing your odds of losing a great forward asset (Matty P would be a top 6 Vegas forward)

except that you already can't protect enough of your young FWDS. The idea is that trade a 2nd or someone else who is exposed (Dano) who's being underutilized, for a D. Then DON'T protect Pouliot.

Expansion goes the same really:
Protect Buff, Enstrom Myers, Trouba, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, Perrault, Helley
or if Enstrom waives NMC then- Buff, Myers, Trouba, Scheif, Little, Wheeler, Perrault, Lowry, Armia, Copp
Leaving available:
Scenario A) Lowry, Armia, Copp Pouliot
Scenario B) Pouliot Enstrom, Mathias,

Scenario A) we're no different then where we're at now
Scenario B) Has the added flavor that if they take Pouliot, we essentially decided for vegas that it was Dano we lost. If we traded a pick for Pouliot, then all we lost was that pick if he's selected. It's actually a brilliant strategy

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I take my opinion back, at least as far as protection occurs. Thinking on it, you're right, LV probably wouldn't select him. So I agree with you.

Personally, I'd rather lose a 2017 draft pick instead of someone like Petan, considering it is a bit of a weak draft.

Agree. Those were 2 suggestions from that other thread so I used them for value. :)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
except that you already can't protect enough of your young FWDS. The idea is that trade a 2nd or someone else who is exposed (Dano) who's being underutilized, for a D. Then DON'T protect Pouliot.

Expansion goes the same really:
Protect Buff, Enstrom Myers, Trouba, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, Perrault, Helley
or if Enstrom waives NMC then- Buff, Myers, Trouba, Scheif, Little, Wheeler, Perrault, Lowry, Armia, Copp
Leaving available:
Scenario A) Lowry, Armia, Copp Pouliot
Scenario B) Pouliot Enstrom, Mathias,

Scenario A) we're no different then where we're at now
Scenario B) Has the added flavor that if they take Pouliot, we essentially decided for vegas that it was Dano we lost. If we traded a pick for Pouliot, then all we lost was that pick if he's selected. It's actually a brilliant strategy

Bingo. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I'm not following you here. What does what Las Vegas want have to do with it?

Trade Petan, or Dano, or a 2nd for Pouliot doesn't have any effect on the XD that I can see.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We would have to protect him or expose him

Simply expose him. It would be crazy to protect him. a)If he is taken we just got through the XD for the low price we paid to get him. b)How likely is it that LV takes a young D who has struggled to make the NHL full time? c)No way we choose him over any of the alternatives, Perreault for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad