Friedman: Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek a trade

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wouldnt mind Chicago taking a swing on this depending on what LV is asking for him. Move Anisimov to LW since he cant win a draw to save his life

Send Debrincat to RFD for the regular season to get used to the pro game more and play top 6 minutes and hopefully he is ready to go come playoff time

Reactions: bobbydigital

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
There is at least 1 desperate team out there to pay what Vegas would want. Quite a few red flags about this guy after less than a month in the league.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Means he can go find a team that would like him... then mcphee works out a deal.

Shipachev needs to do the leg work

But would they let Shipachev choose his team? Shouldnt they just trade him to the team that is willing to give the most for him?

Reactions: SniperHF

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is dumb. Something must seriously be off behind the scenes. For you to sign a guy, 30 years old out of Russia for 4.5 million and 2 years. Send him down initially to keep junk D, call him up when injuries happen for 3 games and 10 minutes a night only to send him back down again. Even if there's not a fit on the ice or he's been bad it's too early.

There are 3 realistic scenarios IMO, a) This was Vegas' plan all along just to get future value for him(dumb), b)The way the've treated him and made him want out and Vegas is fine granting it if they could get value(dumb), c) There was an off ice issue before all this garbage that's on Ship. Vegas comes out of this looking really bad unless it's C. I just can't see them giving up on him after 3 games of 10 minutes per(this would also look bad on them)

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Kings need a center badly, plus the rumors of Voynov coming back next season...

Beat me to the punch. Could see Montreal offering quite a bit for him though considering how bad they need a C. Might be just what they need to right the ship.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Habs should be all over this but curious what the cost is. I swear MB will find a way to screw it up

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
This is dumb. Something must seriously be off behind the scenes. For you to sign a guy, 30 years old out of Russia for 4.5 million and 2 years. Send him down initially to keep junk D, call him up when injuries happen for 3 games and 10 minutes a night only to send him back down again. Even if there's not a fit on the ice or he's been bad it's too early.

There are 3 realistic scenarios IMO, a) This was Vegas' plan all along just to get future value for him(dumb), b)The way the've treated him and made him want out and Vegas is fine granting it if they could get value(dumb), c) There was an off ice issue before all this garbage that's on Ship. Vegas comes out of this looking really bad unless it's C. I just can't see them giving up on him after 3 games of 10 minutes per(this would also look bad on them)

It's just McPhee being McPhee. He is a terrible GM who should have never gotten another chance in the NHL. The main reason is he doesn't want to lose his fringe d men who he overvalues and is too stubborn to waive them.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How many teams have 4.5 in cap space to gamble?
2.5-3.0 would be slot easier to swollow

I think the 4.5 million isn't the biggest problem but the 2 years part is. If it was a one year deal I could see many teams taking the risk. But if he doesn't pan out after 1 year few teams would want to have 4.5 million in a bust player.

Reactions: 1specter

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
It's just McPhee being McPhee. He is a terrible GM who should have never gotten another chance in the NHL. The main reason is he doesn't want to lose his fringe d men who he overvalues and is too stubborn to waive them.

I watched the games Ship did not look ready for NHL ice... that's why the coach did not play him

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I watched the games Ship did not look ready for NHL ice... that's why the coach did not play him

They gave him 2 regular season games with little powerplay time and 10 mins a game. This is a guy who has excelled against great competition. He needs more of a chance.

The other issue is he just doesn't fit a Gallant system. He needs more of a skill system instead of a fast paced grinding style

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Also, what do they mean by giving Shipachev permission to seek a trade?
They won't trade him unless he tells the management he wants to get traded?
But would they let Shipachev choose his team? Shouldnt they just trade him to the team that is willing to give the most for him?

Maybe he threatened to retire and go back to Russia if its not to a team of his liking.

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017

Glad I'm not the only one who sees McPhee for what he is. Keep Theodore in the minors because you're too afraid of losing 32 year old, pending UFA pylon Jason Garrison on waivers? Insanity.

EDIT: McFee finally comes to his senses.
https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/las-vegas-places-jason-garrison-on-waivers.html
https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/las-vegas-places-jason-garrison-on-waivers.html

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad