Raptors Discussion: v93 | Panic level rising significantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Sad to see Powell go. But like the deal. I really like Trent, really can develop into a Powell type player. So to me its a good swap. And the throw in of Hood isnt exactly garbage. He's been an average player and an option off the bench this year and next as hes signed. Maybe Nurse can get him going.

I like the deal.

I think they waive Hood, but if he stays it addresses another need...our bench has been shit.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
To put in perspective how young Trent is, he's the same age now as Powell was when he was a rookie. Raps can't really tank with Fred/Siakam/OG making as much as they are. It's basically a retool.

PG - Freddy (27)
SG - Trent (22)
SF - OG (23)
PF - Siakam (27)
C - TBD (possible offseason splash)
Bench: Boucher (28)

Powell is a beast but there's no doubt a team would outbid Raps to keep him this offseason.

Reactions: donghabs98

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Sad to see Powell go. But like the deal. I really like Trent, really can develop into a Powell type player. So to me its a good swap. And the throw in of Hood isnt exactly garbage. He's been an average player and an option off the bench this year and next as hes signed. Maybe Nurse can get him going.

I like the deal.
He may not score like Norm, but his defense is clearly superior. He and OG will be tough to play against.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
To put in perspective how young Trent is, he's the same age now as Powell was when he was a rookie. Raps can't really tank with Fred/Siakam/OG making as much as they are. It's basically a retool.

PG - Freddy (27)
SG - Trent (22)
SF - OG (23)
PF - Siakam (27)
How does Trent effect the Raps off-season cap space?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

PG - Freddy (27)
SG - Trent (22)
SF - OG (23)
PF - Siakam (27)

Powell is a beast but there's no doubt a team would outbid Raps to keep him this offseason.

I see it the same way...based on your roster, could Trent/OG change or does OG suck at SG? I remember Trent playing more SF with Portland.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
I see it the same way...based on your roster, could Trent/OG change or does OG suck at SG? I remember Trent playing more SF with Portland.
Keep in mind Trent Jr is only 6-5, I’m guessing he is a natural SG but played SF cause Dame and CJ were already the 2 guards for Portland.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
He may not score like Norm, but his defense is clearly superior. He and OG will be tough to play against.

Norm only became a scorer consistently last season. So that would make it his age 26 season. To say that we got a player who is superior defensively than Powell at age 22, and this season is averaging 15 points a game as a starter!!! I take that all day.

Add that to the superior D that players like OG, Siakam, Boucher and FVV already play. I like it. I like it alot.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
IMO, with a healthy roster..I dont know if Norm is a starter. Trent gives us another dimension - solid defensively and can rebound.

I don't think getting a 1st (late one) does anything for the Raptors...and if we get cap space, that does what? We spend it on another iffy player that won't really push the needle?

This trade gives us another body and can still re-tool. We will now get picks for KL, instead of having to replace 2 roster players.
Fair enough I see you logic but definitely underwhelmed. Especially if trent wants 15m+ which I'd hate to do.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah I wouldnt mind if Hood stays around, he can't be any worst than our bench now.

Hoods contract only becomes valid for next season as of June 23rd . I say the Raps keep him, see what he can provide at his 10 million price tag this season. If there is promise I think he is a good bench piece next season. Better option then Johnson or Watanabe off the bench.

Reactions: donghabs98

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Norm only became a scorer consistently last season. So that would make it his age 26 season. To say that we got a player who is superior defensively than Powell at age 22, and this season is averaging 15 points a game as a starter!!! I take that all day.

Add that to the superior D that players like OG, Siakam, Boucher and FVV already play. I like it. I like it alot.

Ya, younger, cheaper and better defensively. May never match Powell calibre offence, but is a better fit for a Nurse coached team.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
didnt realize his cap hold is 2.2m so its more like norm for trent and 20m cap to replace norm. pretty good i suppose if this is going to be a "retool"

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Ya, younger, cheaper and better defensively. May never match Powell calibre offence, but is a better fit for a Nurse coached team.

Powell Stats

upload_2021-3-25_13-44-1.png

Trent Stats
upload_2021-3-25_13-44-40.png

I dont know about you but I see plenty of room at 22 to fully bypass Powell offensively

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
didnt realize his cap hold is 2.2m so its more like norm for trent and 20m cap to replace norm. pretty good i suppose if this is going to be a "retool"
So, this trade is Trent plus ~18/20 mil MORE cap space for free agents?
Before resigning Trent using Bird rights?
If so: nice.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
So, this trade is Trent plus ~18/20 mil MORE cap space for free agents?
Before resigning Trent using Bird rights?
If so: nice.
ye, changes the outlook for sure. and i think hoods deal is not guaranteed next year too.

edit: seems like a team option on hood next year, so we can dump his 10.8(i believe thats his salary) if we choose as well

Reactions: aingefan

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
ye, changes the outlook for sure. and i think hoods deal is not guaranteed next year too.

edit: seems like a team option on hood next year, so we can dump his 10.8(i believe thats his salary) if we choose as well
There it is.
That’s big.
I’ll take that over a late first years from now.

Hell, sign your max guy, sign Norm back, then sign Trent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad