Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Raptors need an all star clutch performer in the playoffs. Derozan and Lowry will never take this team to the finals. Might be time to retool in the offseason if they lose the series.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I like how everybody blames DD. What was he supposed to do?

Lowry stunk. Ibaka was a disaster. J-Val did nothing. Miles was ice cold. Who were they supposed to go to with the game on the line?
I mean not tossing up contested 3's would be a good start. You aren't wrong everyone played bad but the possessions from Demar down the stretch were brutal

Reactions: LeeIs

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
No worries the Wiz suck on the road. I really dont get why they are so much better at home I mean their crowd could be the worse in the league

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
FVV/OG/Siakam are real good pieces to augment a true star. That needs to be the goal.

I'm done with Derozan/Lowry.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No worries the Wiz suck on the road. I really dont get why they are so much better at home I mean their crowd could be the worse in the league

Yea, but the point is you don't want to go 7 in the first round against the 8th seed. They choked these last 2 games. Just brutal. This wasn't championship ball.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I really don't know what to think. The Raptors are a 59 win, first seed and it wouldn't shock me if they got blown out in the next two games and went out in the first round.

It also wouldn't shock me if they blew them out in the next two games to win the series.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
While the game slipped away from the Raptors, I don't think it's time to jump ship.

The series is still 2-2 and they're coming back to Toronto. Need to watch the turnovers and avoid iso ball when shots aren't dropping.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Chokers coming in with the same routine as usual.

DD was grossly inefficient (still tacking up 35 on 29 though) with his shooting, but how was Lowry choking? He was the reason why Beal left and he was smothering Wall on defence. Blame Wright and Ibaka for avoiding threes and Miles for doing literally nothing.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I really don't know what to think. The Raptors are a 59 win, first seed and it wouldn't shock me if they got blown out in the next two games and went out in the first round.

It also wouldn't shock me if they blew them out in the next two games to win the series.

Dont underestimate FVV missing. He usually takes pressure off of DD and Lowry playing most of the 4th quarter

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So apparently the Wizards can only play well at home.

How can Beal basically be on a Missing Poster for games 1-2 yet suddenly shoot this well?

It's like he only plays well at home and is MIA on the road.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Raptors need an all star clutch performer in the playoffs. Derozan and Lowry will never take this team to the finals. Might be time to retool in the offseason if they lose the series.

I get that futilism is strong with you as an Oilers fan, but the Raptors are still in this. All of the series are closer than they should be, a little parity in these playoffs so far.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
DD was grossly inefficient (still tacking up 35 on 29 though) with his shooting, but how was Lowry choking? He was the reason why Beal left and he was smothering Wall on defence. Blame Wright and Ibaka for avoiding threes and Miles for doing literally nothing.
I thought TO had the best bench in the league though?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I get that futilism is strong with you as an Oilers fan, but the Raptors are still in this. All of the series are closer than they should be, a little parity in these playoffs so far.

Very disappointing Raps couldn't win one on the road. How are they going to do on the road against better teams the further they get into the playoffs? Can't expect to win every single game at home. Good teams win playoff games on the road.

Reactions: Giuseppe Sallo

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
when the chips are down its like they cant help reverting back to hero ball, somethings never change. i think we will win the series still, but the lack of the implemented system in big moments is really concerning. it makes you feel that really nobody believes in the culture change and that includes the head coach :(

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Yup. This series will go to 7. Anyone see Jack Armstrong face, he's like, "here we go again!"

Turnovers galore... Wanna know why?! Stage fright. Raps are soft BC we don't have that grind mentality. I aint worried bc nba most nights are competitive: boston, Houston, OKC, even Cavs look beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad