Raptors Discussion: v59 | Round 1 continues vs Indiana | Game 7 8PM Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
yes but this team year after year fail to recognize regular season play is a lot different than in the playoffs. They run the same high screen pick and roll play. Like change things up a bit, do something different. It would also be nice if we didn't have our so called star players choke or don't show up at all. Did DeRozan even break a sweat tonight?

I'm not excusing them for that. They were abysmal. If I see Derozan pull up and brick another mid range jumper, I'm gonna need a new tv.

As I said their only problem is they're now playing in the playoffs.

Saying they only benefited from having Brooklyn, New York and Philadelphia in their division based on the NBA's scheduling matrix is flat out wrong. They had no more opportunity to beat up on those losers than the majority of the conference. It doesn't matter what they do in the playoffs, its still wrong.

And yes, they've sucked in the playoffs.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
If it wasnt for a miraculius comeback in game 5 this team would be eliminated. What a joke

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
"We are a different team this year"

:laugh:

so sick of Kyle/DD. CoJo should start.

that's not happening though. Casey is going to ride these 2 whether we win or lose, IMO it's a stupid way to think, just restricting yourself as a coach. I'd really consider starting Cujo and DD coming off the bench. We need a spark, doing the same thing over and over again isn't working.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
that's not happening though. Casey is going to ride these 2 whether we win or lose, IMO it's a stupid way to think, just restricting yourself as a coach. I'd really consider starting Cujo and DD coming off the bench. We need a spark, doing the same thing over and over again isn't working.

sigh. Sadly I know.

8pm start on sunday. Finally a good start time.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I might not be the right person to chime in, but I'll still give my 2 cents:

The Raptors don't have a star player to help us in the playoffs. We do have a team of players that have heart and try to give their best efforts. Their best efforts took us to 2nd in the East. Honestly, its one of the reasons why I didn't have faith in the Raptors in the playoffs, we just do not have "that" player. And to compete in the NBA, we need 2 of those players, Raptors do not even have one.

DD and Lowry are great players, but they are not exactly the stars that can take over the game.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
"Our compete level was low". Casey

It's the ****ing playoffs you ****ing moron.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
wow austin rivers what a WARRIOR! I almost cried while looking at him at the end of the game :( came back after 11 stitches. He looked a mess.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
If they lose on Sunday I think moving on from DeMar is a decent idea. It's not as much about his playoff performance as it is that the Raptors style of play is flawed in that it's too one on one centric with not enough ball movement. This makes us easier to gameplan against in the playoffs. The best way to move towards a ball movement style of play is getting rid of Derozan

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
DD is so smug... so non-chalant in his presser. **** off.

How people can defend this scrub of a player is beyond me.

Can't shoot the 3, can't defend, poor ball handles, can't shoot the mid range jumper really either. All he can do is get to the free throw line. When that drys up, so does his game.

Too bad we never tanked that year for Wiggins. Always wanted to myself, but got laughed at when I brought it up here while he raptors were going on that useless win streak second half of the year.

This team is an embarrassment (mostly DD though and to a lesser extent KL)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
If they lose on Sunday I think moving on from DeMar is a decent idea. It's not as much about his playoff performance as it is that the Raptors style of play is flawed in that it's too one on one centric with not enough ball movement. This makes us easier to gameplan against in the playoffs. The best way to move towards a ball movement style of play is getting rid of Derozan
A "decent" idea?

It's the only idea and it should happen win or lose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad