Raptors Discussion: v59 | Round 1 continues vs Indiana | Game 7 8PM Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
fire everyone!

Probably should gut everything.

Keep JV, Powell and wright and move on from everyone else, including casey.

Speaking of casey, not sure why this idiot let's demar run his ISO plays all game every ****ing game. It hasn't worked 3 years in a row come playoff time. Miiiiight be worth trying something else out

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Too bad we never tanked that year for Wiggins. Always wanted to myself, but got laughed at when I brought it up here while he raptors were going on that useless win streak second half of the year.

:laugh:

You act as if you're the only one. A lot of us wanted to tank that year but it just wasn't feasible with the way things were going after the Gay trade. Suppose Masai traded Lowry to the Knicks for trash. Do you seriously think we were out tanking the bottom feeders that year? The worst team didn't even end up with the 1st overall pick (hopefully that doesn't happen tonight).

Also, that draft has turned out to be pretty bad in hindsight. Remember we were all glowing over Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Smart, Randle, etc.?

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Demar's Career Playoffs
PER 14
.366 FG%

PER by year
2014: 18.2
2015: 15.7
2016: 7.3

Vince Carter had a career playoff PER of 22.1 for the Raptors and was called a choker. What the **** is Demar?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
There is no need to resign DD let him walk after this season and look for other options

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Lowry is obviously nursing an injury. Even when he's not hitting his shots, he contributes in other ways...making sick passes, hustling for loose balls, Kyle is a warrior. Everything DD isn't. Let the Lakers give him max money in the off-season, even if they win Sunday. So disappointed I can't even tell you.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
There is no need to resign DD let him walk after this season and look for other options

According to ESPN Lowry is the Raptors best player in the regular season but when it comes to playoffs his record is abysmal. If Lowry can't raise his game in the playoffs then DD who is not a Cap player also slumps.

Raptors front office can't match the experience and success of Larry Byrd.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Too bad we never tanked that year for Wiggins. Always wanted to myself, but got laughed at when I brought it up here while he raptors were going on that useless win streak second half of the year.

Wiggins is a little overrated. Nice young player, but provides little value outside of scoring. Neither rebounds nor shares the ball all that well.

Is it really worth gutting a competitive 56-win team for him?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Lowry is obviously nursing an injury. Even when he's not hitting his shots, he contributes in other ways...making sick passes, hustling for loose balls, Kyle is a warrior. Everything DD isn't. Let the Lakers give him max money in the off-season, even if they win Sunday. So disappointed I can't even tell you.

I can't believe people want to get rid of Lowry. He was a 23 PER player this season under a bargain contract. Even if he does jack squat in the playoffs, that is still amazing.

I agree that DeRozan has to go, but many fans just have no perspective at all.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to ESPN Lowry is the Raptors best player in the regular season but when it comes to playoffs his record is abysmal. If Lowry can't raise his game in the playoffs then DD who is not a Cap player also slumps.

Raptors front office can't match the experience and success of Larry Byrd.

I hate to say that spelling matters when it comes to making a point, but the fact that you can't spell the name of one of the greatest players in NBA history correctly kinda says something about how much one should trust your observations on the matter.

beyond that, the "experience and success" of Larry Bird has gotten the Pacers ****-all in the playoffs.

Also Lowry's only problem this post-season has been his shooting. I still believe that his elbow is still hurt and hurt worse than anyone let on and that's what's screwing up his ability to get his shot off accurately. He's still averaging 7.3 assists, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.3 steals a game. He's impacting the game in all the other ways a PG should.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Wiggins is a little overrated. Nice young player, but provides little value outside of scoring. Neither rebounds nor shares the ball all that well.

How competitive are we really though?

We sure don't look like. 56 win team.

To answer your question though, yes it is completely worth it. Need superstars and we have none

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I can't believe people want to get rid of Lowry. He was a 23 PER player this season under a bargain contract. Even if he does jack squat in the playoffs, that is still amazing.

I agree that DeRozan has to go, but many fans just have no perspective at all.
KL is ok because he can distribute the ball and play decent defense.

He needs to stop jacking up all the dumbass ****ing shots that he does though.

You're not shooting well, stop trying to shoot yourself out of a slump in a ****ing 7 game series. Yet here he is jacking up shot after shot.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
How competitive are we really though?

We sure don't look like. 56 win team.

To answer your question though, yes it is completely worth it. Need superstars and we have none

A lot of people will tune out if the Raptors drop to the basement again. They have been a basement team for a lot of their existence. If the Leafs are going to be on the rise, bottoming out can make the Raptors a big afterthought in this city. This team is already a joke, I don't think they can become a bigger a joke, but I would hate to see the real hard core Raps fans go through cheering for a bottom feeder again. They just got out of the basement a couple of years ago, to go back down there. Man, that's rough.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008

1) Again, no guarantee we would have gotten Wiggins. Cleveland had the 9th best lottery odds and won.
2) Wiggins needs to improve A LOT of facets of his game if he wants to become a superstar. He is not on that trajectory. Not even close right now.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
A lot of people will tune out if the Raptors drop to the basement again. They have been a basement team for a lot of their existence. If the Leafs are going to be on the rise, bottoming out can make the Raptors a big afterthought in this city. This team is already a joke, I don't think they can become a bigger a joke, but I would hate to see the real hard core Raps fans go through cheering for a bottom feeder again. They just got out of the basement a couple of years ago, to go back down there. Man, that's rough.

I don't think bottoming out is even necessary anymore. Masai has shown his ability to draft. Now he's acquired a top 10 pick for the first time in his GM career.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

We never drafted properly though while we were in the basement all those years :(

Was a wasted tank

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Sunday is a big night. I don't like the idea of Casey and Derozan returning under a loss. I'd prefer to build around Val + top 10 pick and Lowry. Or trade that pick for someone that can help out right away. Our bench is just so great and we have this core in place. We need that superstar. Val is a great player but imagine him in San Antonio with structure. I don't like Casey's vision. He mentioned if we lost this series it wouldn't be the end of the world. It's all about "growing" how long can you ****ing grow for without any growth?

go out and get a replacement for demar that can be a good shooting option. and trade Derozan

Ross, powell, 8th overall for favors
Deorzan for Reddick (both teams need to shake things up)

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Free money online.

Indy victory at 3.00. I mean, I want the Raptors to win, but there's no way in hell i'm passing that up. Does anyone really think the Raps have better than a coin flips chance at winning this?

Not only that, but the line is Toronto -6.5.

Seriously, what the ****. I highly doubt we even win tomorrow, let alone cover the spread.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Game 7s are a crap shoot, and Indy has the best player in the series. It's going to be tough.

cwulf

Dec 7, 2015

Who cares about a 56 win team that can't even make it out of the 1st round?

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Could they do a sign and trade?

Yes, the Raptors can offer the best contract for Demar, but it rarely leverages into something good. Maybe a lottery protected pick.

Whoever suggested Russell in return if he goes to LA is dreaming.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Not only that, but the line is Toronto -6.5.

Seriously, what the ****. I highly doubt we even win tomorrow, let alone cover the spread.

Why so pessimistic? The run of being a joke has to end sometime. I am telling you that if the Raptors lose tomorrow, fans should show up with paper bags over their heads for games next season. No matter what happens in the off season. A loss would be unacceptable. Period. I think the Raptors win this. Enough of being a punchline. They will play angry, and will win by 10+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad