Raptors Discussion: v56|All-Star Saturday Night (Lowry in 3pt contest) Sat, Feb 13 8pm ET/5pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
The Wolves will match any offer and they'll be able to easily afford both him and Towns, and given how well they'll be set up going forward, they aren't gonna trade a young star.

Oh, and trading for him will cost us our entire future and probably a core piece.

With this core, it's pretty much KD or bust this summer given the ages of core pieces (especially Lowry).

If Wiggins wants to come here bad enough, he can refuse to sign with the Wolves. Look at Tristan Thompson with the Cavs this year - the player has a lot of leverage as an RFA in the NBA. I agree it will cost a lot to trade for him, but once again it comes down to how bad Wiggins wants to come here - he'll be a big enough star to leverage that into a not horrible deal for the Raps. Think a core piece and a ton of future draft picks.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Westbrook is averaging 9.4 assists to 4.5 turnovers a game. How would you evaluate him?

Lowry has 5.9 assists to 2.9 turnovers.

Westbrook - 2.08 assists per turnover
Lowry - 2.03 assists per turnover

I wouldn't like it but averaging 3 more assists per game to 1.5 turnovers is ok. I would prefer is 46% FG over Lowry hovering around 40%. Just checking where you the one saying last year Lowry was better than Westbrook?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I wouldn't like it but averaging 3 more assists per game to 1.5 turnovers is ok. I would prefer is 46% FG over Lowry hovering around 40%. Just checking where you the one saying last year Lowry was better than Westbrook?

Uh...no...no I didn't.

What I'm attempting to show is basing it off of assists to turnovers is flawed as what, a top 3 PG has very similar ratios.

Lowry may have his flaws, but he's had probably his best season so far to date.

Keep in mind that while looking at FG% Lowry is averaging almost 3 more 3pt attempts than Westbrook. And their TS% has Westbrook ahead .568 to .566, a mere .002.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah Lowry is hitting 38.2% of his 3 pointers and 87.8% of his FTs, both career high marks. To say he hasn't been a top 15 player in terms of impact this season is wrong IMO, and I thought I was being pretty conservative with that mark (he could make a case as a top 10 player this season).

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Yeah Lowry is hitting 38.2% of his 3 pointers and 87.8% of his FTs, both career high marks. To say he hasn't been a top 15 player in terms of impact this season is wrong IMO, and I thought I was being pretty conservative with that mark (he could make a case as a top 10 player this season).

I'd say top 15 is fair. Either way, top 10, top 15...20...he's been damn good. That's all that really matters to me.

I think it would help even more if you had Ross/Patterson being more consistent with their shooting, Carrol not gettting hurt, Valancuinas not getting hurt to have a big to pass to on the inside, and probably another player that could shoot a 3.

He's having a career year despite all the issues surrounding the rest of the team, sometimes out of the Raptors control.

mikebel111*

Yeah Lowry has been fantastic so far. He has faults, but on most nights, he can be relied on.
Derozan I like recently, wouldnt commit to him long term but I like his play

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
I was 4 rows behind the Mavs bench last night and wow the fans were giving it to mark Cuban hahaha.
Also, Bennett wasn't great. But defensively he was solid. Wright came in and looked rusty but I love his energy. Bismack is a force defensively and offensively. The Mavs bench was so frustrated with him and Lowry I was loving it. Haha

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvsbucks-web_0.png

Game Day: Raptors @ Bucks

Posted: Dec 26, 2015

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Time: (5PM ET - TSN, FAN590)

It’s a Boxing Day special as the Raptors (18-12) battle the Bucks (12-18) tonight in Milwaukee. Both teams have had days off over the Christmas break with Toronto last beating Dallas on Tuesday and Milwaukee recording a win over Philadelphia a day later.

projectedlineups-122615.jpg

WHO’S HOT?

Khris Middleton – Middleton is starting to find his shooting stroke after a somewhat slow start to the season. The Bucks shooting guard was recently inked to a multi-year contract this offseason and is considered to be a big piece of what Milwaukee is trying to build. The former Texas A&M product is putting up 15 points, three rebounds and four assists per game and is averaging 17 points in the two meetings with Toronto this year. With the Raps struggles at containing three-point shooters, they must keep an eye on Middleton who likes to let it fly from behind the arc.

Bismack Biyombo – Biyombo has been setting career-highs recently. On December 17th against his former team, the Raptors centre pulled down 18 rebounds. Three games later he bested that number by hauling in 20 boards in a win over Dallas. Biyombo also tied a team record by recording 13+ rebounds in five consecutive games. He has excelled in his first year in Toronto and has filled in admirably for the injured Jonas Valanciunas.

Raptors-Bucks Preview

It's not clear who the Toronto Raptors will have available to start a two-game trip, but they know they can count on DeMar DeRozan being there.

DeRozan is one of the hottest players in the NBA and will try to help the Raptors improve to 3-0 against the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday.

Toronto (18-12) has a number of missing players, and it's possible any of them may return for this contest.

Two were in the Raptors' starting lineup for their opener. Jonas Valanciunas has missed the last 16 games with a broken bone in his hand but returned to practice this week. DeMarre Carroll has missed the last nine games with a bruised right knee.

Tough week ahead for Raptors

Away for the holiday won’t be a lot of fun and getting one win in the three games might be all fans can ask for.

By: Doug Smith Sports Reporter, Published on Wed Dec 23 2015

Another tough week for the Raptors but it seems they’re all tough, thanks in no small part to Toronto’s up-and-down nature. Away for the holiday won’t be a lot of fun and getting one win in the three games might be all fans can ask for.

Saturday at Milwaukee, 5 p.m.: They won’t have coach Jason Kidd but the Bucks still have length and athleticism and Giannis Antetokounmpo, who is emerging as a huge threat. The Bucks, however, are struggling to stay in touch with the playoff race.

Monday at Chicago, 8 p.m.: The Bulls are a bit of enigma with some chemistry issues and a bit of lineup upheaval but they remain right among the best teams in the East. Jimmy Butler asked coach Fred Hoiberg to be tougher, wonder if his teammates feel the same way?

Wednesday vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.: Stop us if you’ve heard this before but sharpshooting guard Bradley Beal is fighting injuries, specifically a stress reaction in his leg. It’s taken away some of the oomph from the Wizards desire to be an up-tempo, high-scoring team.

mikebel111*

T-Ross is the most baffling, mysterious player in the league.

Just so odd. For a few games he looks like a good 3 + D guy, and than for like 10 games he looks like a poor NBA player

Can I take something that is in between those players?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Good comeback when they were letting that one slip away earlier on.

Also the 6ers released Tony Wroten. I wanted to get him at the draft in teh 2nd round a few years ago, figuring that you could get past his broken jumper to find a useful distributing PG, but he's been a total trainwreck and now he can't even keep a job on the worst team in the league.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
rapsvs-web-2015_1.png

Game Day: Raptors @ Bulls

Matt Tierney - Raptors.com

Time: (8PM ET - SN1, TSN1050)

Toronto (19-12) remains on the road and will take on Chicago (16-12) tonight at the United Center. Both teams were last in action on Boxing Day but with different outcomes. The Raptors outlasted Milwaukee after a red-hot fourth quarter while the Bulls dropped a close contest in Dallas.

projectedlineups-122815.jpg

WHO’S HOT?

Jimmy Butler – The 6’7 guard is one of the league’s true all-around players. Butler plays at a high level on both ends of the floor and this season is averaging a team-high 21 points in addition to five rebounds and four assists per game. Butler is also usually tasked with guarding the opposing teams best player on a nightly basis. Alongside Derrick Rose, he is the star of this Bulls team.

Terrence Ross – Through all Toronto’s injury struggles this year, the silver lining in it all may very well be the play of Terrence Ross. The University of Washington product has spent time in and out of the starting lineup in the absence of DeMarre Carroll. In that time he has played at a consistent level, specifically at the offensive end. Over his past five games, Ross is averaging 16 points while shooting 49% from beyond the arc. With Carroll back and Valanciunas close to a return, the Raptors will hope Ross can keep his hot streak going.

Raptors vs. Bulls game preview

Bulls will be playing their third game in four nights.

By: Doug Smith Sports Reporter, Published on Sun Dec 27 2015

United Center

Tipoff: 8 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet One

Radio: TSN1050

Probable Toronto starters: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, Luis Scola, Bismack Biyombo

Probable Chicago starters: Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Pau Gasol

Key matchup

DeRozan vs. Butler: The Chicago guard caused a bit of a stir last week when he called out coach Fred Hoiberg for a perceived “soft” coaching style but Butler is an excellent two-way player; DeRozan has scored 20 or more points in nine straight games.

Need to know: Bulls will be playing their third game in four nights after splitting a Christmas Day/Boxing Day trip to Oklahoma City and Dallas . . . Timeless Pau Gasol continues to be his steady self, averaging about 17 points and 11 rebounds per game . . . Bulls will be without Joakim Noah, out at least two weeks with a sprained shoulder . . . Raptors have lost five in a row to the Bulls . . . It’s the second of 13 straight games for Toronto against Eastern Conference opponents . . . Jonas Valanciunas is expected back, it remains to be seen if he’ll go right back to starting.

Up next: Wednesday vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.

mikebel111*

The difference Brooks and Snell went into super sayan mode, Bulls D stepped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad