Raptors Discussion: v51 | Wizards up 1-0 | ECQF Game 2 vs Wizards: Tues, April 21st @ 8:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwaguy*

Also I'd like to know why I should base my opinions based on what people post in here during games?

I'd trust my own opinions much more.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I said he's been doing fine offensively. I wish we gave the ball to him more. He's really good at passing out of doubles or not so favorable spots on the floor. There's not very many big men that can stop him.

It's not just "our defensive system" that causes him to be bad at PnR D. Teams know he's bad at it, and they go small. NBA is all about spacing the floor now and shooting the three. He's getting exposed on that. Sure he's good at protecting the rim, but it doesn't matter when teams aren't always getting into the paint, because teams have bigs that can shoot now.. I'm not saying he's atrocious or anything like that, but in terms of his defensive ability (not rim protecting), you'd figure after another year of basically the same group, he'd have adjusted and figured this out by now. But again, he's still hesitating and over-thinking.

And you should read the posts because clearly you didn't watch the game to see when JV was taken out and when the Raptors took the lead from the Lakers? Because once JV went out, it's when the Raptors shut it down defensively and took over the game. He got put back in the game later on in the 4th.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I went and checked the play by play just to see if I was seeing things in the highlight package. He was subbed when the Raps were up 63-60. He was on the floor when they took the lead back, and they continued to add onto it when Lou and JJ came in. I think you're putting a little too much stock into something that really wasn't a cause for concern.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I went and checked the play by play just to see if I was seeing things in the highlight package. He was subbed when the Raps were up 63-60. He was on the floor when they took the lead back, and they continued to add onto it when Lou and JJ came in. I think you're putting a little too much stock into something that really wasn't a cause for concern.

No people are just over-exaggerating what I was saying because I was talking about JV. All I said is that he's thinking too much and he's not reacting defensively. And he hesitates because he knows he's the only one who properly protects the rim and because we all know how bad our rebounding is. I think it'll help as long as we give JJ more PT.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Game Day: Raptors vs. Rockets

rapsvsrockets-web_1.jpg

Jay Satur - Raptors.com

It's the end of a three-game homestand for the Raptors tonight, as they face the banged-up but still dangerous Houston Rockets tonight at Air Canada Centre (7:30 PM ET, TSN 2, TSN 1050 Radio).

Projected Starting Lineups

Raptors: Greivis Vasquez (G), DeMar DeRozan (G), Terrence Ross (F), Amir Johnson (F), Jonas Valanciunas (C)
gv_starterscollage_0.jpg

Rockets: Jason Terry (G), James Harden (G), Trevor Ariza (F), Josh Smith (F), Joey Dorsey (C)
rockets_2collage.jpg

Injury/Roster Report

Raptors: Kyle Lowry - back spasms (out)

Rockets: Dwight Howard -right knee edema (questionable), Patrick Beverley - left wrist sprain (out), Terrence Jones - pneumothorax (out), Donatas Motiejunas -low back pain (out) and Kostas Papanikolaou - sprained right ankle (out).

NEED TO KNOW

The Rockets are up a veteran big man with the return of Dwight Howard, who missed 26 games with a right knee injury. Howard had a double-double in win over Washington Sunday but will sit Monday’s game against the Raptors . . . James Harden, who is having an MVP-worthy season with more than 27 points and nearly two steals per game . . . Power forward Terrence Jones, meanwhile, stayed in Houston with a collapsed lung while the team travelled to face Washington Sunday . . . Patrick Beverley is also out with a torn tendon in his wrist.

mikebel111*

I expect a loss here however looking at one thing here

How will we play?

If we get demolished, than yeah we are still struggling

If we compete and maybe lose by a small margin or a few plays, than we might be progressing and looking like team from before. In the earlier part of season, we were at least staying competitive with the great teams
Go Raps Go!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Rockets haven't won at the ACC since 2007. I... don't even know how the hell that happens :laugh:. They've been a good team for most of that time frame.

mikebel111*

Well yes JJ will guard Harden, but coming off the bench?
You have to think he maybe replaces Ross in lineup which I would like

mikebel111*

DD, you were saying we improved on D after JV left, well look at this game, Ross got taken out and we went on a run.
Cant we say the same thing about Ross as well than?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just great how the Rockets are allowed to literally murder our players when guarding them, but the Raps so much as sneeze on them and get called :help:

officialmark*

DeMar is absolute crap. He just takes low percentage shots all game. If he got injured again I could see the team getting their mojo back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad