Raptors Discussion: v41 | Raps Re-Sign Pat Patterson | Trade Novak to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Probably Love. Casey is a good defensive teacher, and we've got some good offensive pieces already. A guy who can facilitate the offence from up front, rebound, and step out and hit the 3 would do wonders for us.

I prefer Aldridge as a player but Love would be a better fit with Val.

This is how I see it as well. I'd love to have either player, but Love can play the high post and make plays so Val can stay in the low post.

Shwaguy*

Val would really need to step up his D and Rim Protection if KLove came here. But if he did that Frontcourt would be something else

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Val would really need to step up his D and Rim Protection if KLove came here. But if he did that Frontcourt would be something else

Love's not that bad of a defender. And he's a smart enough player that I wouldn't bet against Casey being able to at least teach him how to work well enough in the system.

I just think that the drop between Aldridge's D and Love's would be worth the impact of having Love able to be a point-forward and also use his shooting touch to space out the floor more for DeRozan and Lowry and Valanciunas.

Shwaguy*

You guys do realise what the circumstances surrounding that NY pick is right? And that it potentially won't be all that great...

Denver will probably end up sucking too that year unless something drastic happens (Which it could), but it's a solid chance at a lotto pick for Bargs are you kidding me.

So yes I do know the circumstances of the pick :nod:

Shwaguy*

Love's not that bad of a defender. And he's a smart enough player that I wouldn't bet against Casey being able to at least teach him how to work well enough in the system.

I just think that the drop between Aldridge's D and Love's would be worth the impact of having Love able to be a point-forward and also use his shooting touch to space out the floor more for DeRozan and Lowry and Valanciunas.

He's not that bad a defender, but he is a bad Rim Protector, which is where Jonas' D tends to struggle as well.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am gonna predict that Lebron goes to Clevland, Bosh goes to Houston, Wade.. signs where ever he can sign, and Carter comes home to Toronto

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Talk is Cleveland might be the leader for LeBron.

It would be a smart choice and it was my prediction from the get go. The core of Cleveland is a lot better than the Heat even with both Bosh and Wade back. Miami is old and they've peaked, LeBron knows this. Wade is like a 50 year old with knees like that, Bosh is replaceable, same with Cole, Allen etc. Not hard to choose whether you want to play for the next 4 years with Kyle Irving and co or he can do everything by himself in Miami. Not hard at all. It's a reason why he's asking for the max in Miami, he's not taking a pay cut again just so he can load the whole team on his shoulders.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Kyrie-Wiggins-Lebron-Thompson-Varejao

That is a ****ing DIRTY starting 5. As much as I'd hate facing this team, it would be amazing for the development of our Canadians to play with Lebron.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le-lowry-toronto-free-agency-future/12275233/

Tim Leiweke heard all of the reasons NBA players didn't want to play for the Toronto Raptors. He called them excuses.

The hard-charging and energetic CEO and president of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, which owns the Raptors, shot them down one by one.

Too cold. "Last time I checked, Detroit and Chicago have a lot of banners up in their ceilings. It's just as cold, if not colder there," Leiweke said.

Higher taxes. "The taxes are a myth. I pay less in taxes here than I did in California," he said.

Constantly going through customs and changing money. "It takes an extra 10 minutes at most based on the way our players travel. I think for the most part that doesn't bother anybody," Leiweke said.

No ESPN. "That's my favorite one," he said.

Of course ESPN is available.

Ujiri values building around his young, talented players and drafting well, especially with late picks. That's why Caboclo, not rated even as a second-rounder on many draft boards, was such an intriguing selection. Ujiri knows how valuable those picks are and understands they can't be wasted.

"Are we elite? No. Have we arrived? No," Ujiri said. "But we're building slowly to where we hopefully can be one of those teams in a couple of years that grows into a team that really contends."

Ujiri also has financial resources at his disposal, a product of Leiweke's trust in his GM.

"Is there a better trader and better builder of the team than Masai?" Leiweke said. "If I'm a player, I look at Masai and believe that at the end of the day he will be smart enough, shrewd enough and well-respected enough to be able to make the moves ... necessary to win."

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Talk is Cleveland might be the leader for LeBron.

This is a strong possibility, if it's not Miami or Cleveland, a 3rd time in 5 years would look bad on Lebron's career IMO... he would viewed as a "title chaser" if he were to team up with Melo or Howard, Harden he wouldnt have that legacy of a Jordan like he did with the Bulls... As of now what is really hurting Miami is actually Wade. He's going to get a big contract out of respect/loyalty which I can't argue with but he's not the same player he once was... He's worth 7-8 million max but he will probably get 13-14... He's simply not a "big 3" player anymore... Lebron wants to win but wants his max contract... and there isn't enough for all 3 of james, bosh, wade and another big impact player with the salary to fill out a good bench. Lebron back in Cleveland makes sense... Lebron, Wiggins and Irving is simply outstanding.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal

That is a ****ing DIRTY starting 5. As much as I'd hate facing this team, it would be amazing for the development of our Canadians to play with Lebron.

For a Starting Five that looks good on paper or fantasy, that actually looks better than what the Knicks would actually play in the regular season. :laugh:

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

That's a pretty cute comment by Chandler who couldn't handle him either. Factor in that love can drop 30 and grab 15 boards on any given night and who cares how well he can play D.

But to Loves credit he actually isn't a bad defensive player he's about average at best. But that's not what you get a player like him for he's top 3 best PF in the league I would even put him number 1 if he was given the kind of support the Blazers and the Clippers give their two bigs.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014

it would take them a couple of years before they can win a championship.. other than lebron and varejao that team would be very green.. if they get lebron, im assuming they make a trade for another star and vets.. they have future 1sts, waiters, thompson, bennett as trade chips

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
It would be a smart choice and it was my prediction from the get go. The core of Cleveland is a lot better than the Heat even with both Bosh and Wade back. Miami is old and they've peaked, LeBron knows this. Wade is like a 50 year old with knees like that, Bosh is replaceable, same with Cole, Allen etc. Not hard to choose whether you want to play for the next 4 years with Kyle Irving and co or he can do everything by himself in Miami. Not hard at all. It's a reason why he's asking for the max in Miami, he's not taking a pay cut again just so he can load the whole team on his shoulders.

There's nobody on Cleveland that comes close to Bosh please stop talking out of your ass. People seriously underrate this guy and what he brings to a team. He's still one of the best PFs in the league and the fact that he can go out and probably get 20/10 every single game but chooses to prioritize his team instead speaks volumes to him.

And Wade's still in the top 10 SGs in the League when he gets rest. Honestly, people watch one series and then call this guy a has-been. :shakehead Same people that were saying it about Ginobili last year. If the playoffs suddenly ended after Indiana nobody would be saying these kinds of things.

The only reason Cleveland would be attractive is that they're his hometown and they have a lot more weapons on offense. It's a much worse team defensively than Miami was, and its frontcourt is still a joke. Thompson and Bennett can't play D and Varejao probably won't make it a full season. The only major defenders on that team would be Lebron, and Wiggins who hasn't played against an NBA Team yet. If everyone on Miami returned, they'd still be the favorite in the East.

People really gotta calm down. Jeez.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
There's nobody on Cleveland that comes close to Bosh please stop talking out of your ass. People seriously underrate this guy and what he brings to a team. He's still one of the best PFs in the league and the fact that he can go out and probably get 20/10 every single game but chooses to prioritize his team instead speaks volumes to him.

And Wade's still in the top 10 SGs in the League when he gets rest. Honestly, people watch one series and then call this guy a has-been. :shakehead Same people that were saying it about Ginobili last year. If the playoffs suddenly ended after Indiana nobody would be saying these kinds of things.

The only reason Cleveland would be attractive is that they're his hometown and they have a lot more weapons on offense. It's a much worse team defensively than Miami was, and its frontcourt is still a joke. Thompson and Bennett can't play D and Varejao probably won't make it a full season. The only major defenders on that team would be Lebron, and Wiggins who hasn't played against an NBA Team yet. If everyone on Miami returned, they'd still be the favorite in the East.

Bosh has the potential to be a 20/10 player but it seems like that spark and drive is gone, and he has not been that player this season. Not to mention the interview where he says "CB4 is dead" and how he doesn't want to be a 1st option, etc.

And Wade rested for most of this season while LeBron played the whole season but he too wasn't able to help out much against SAS.

Even Heat fans are complaining that Bosh and Wade are not what they used to be and that the team shouldn't be called the Big 3.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life

The Cavs really aren't that great at this moment. Irving's a good starter, as is TT, but Wiggins, Bennett and TT are fairly raw. Waiters is decent as a starter. Jack is a good bench player, but their team is really nothing to write home about. They can't beat the winners of the West as soon as next season.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Wade is washed up, too much wear and tear. He can't lead a team by himself anymore. LeBron saved Wade from falling off a cliff the past few years.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Bosh has the potential to be a 20/10 player but it seems like that spark and drive is gone, and he has not been that player this season. Not to mention the interview where he says "CB4 is dead" and how he doesn't want to be a 1st option, etc.

And Wade rested for most of this season while LeBron played the whole season but he too wasn't able to help out much against SAS.

Even Heat fans are complaining that Bosh and Wade are not what they used to be and that the team shouldn't be called the Big 3.

The Heat don't let Bosh do what he did in Toronto. Bosh was a 20/10 player here but in Miami he's the 3rd wheel because for some reason they want to get Wade more involved. I think Miami needs to worry more about getting a coach instead of getting the big 3 back.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Not sure if this has been mentioned but apparently the Raps are interested in PJ Tucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad