Raptors Discussion: v39| Off-Season continued: Draft is just about 2 weeks away. Raptors pick 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLegend28*

hes had cancer for liek 10+ years and is 80+, what is 2 billion more to a guy worth 2 billion? lol. I know that actually felt weird typing, but I mean, I'd be a dick too if I was 80, super rich and people used my private convos to **** me over.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
How do you stop a 2 Billion dollar sale? I don't what you want to try and prove. What a senile old man.

Also, heard that the Raps will be trying to package the 20th and the two 2nds to move up in the draft, any truth or talk about this?

I don't see anything on it. Ujiri said yesterday on 590 that he could see this draft day being very active but he also said that at that time a lot of teams fall in love with the pick they own and the players they looked at in workouts for that specific pick. A few days ago he also talked about how this draft is very talented and their staff is all across the board so it's good to have the three picks they own.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This draft is going to be so interesting because its really deep. The star power in the draft could be a little overrated but theres no doubt many solid rotation players that will be drafted in the 20-35 range.

My favorites at #20

-KJ Mcdaniels
-Adrien Payne
-Damien Inglis
-Clint Capela
-TJ Warren

Guys I like at #37

-Deandre Daniels
-Jarnell Stokes
-Dwight Powell
-Spencer Dinwiddie (prolly wont be available)

I really think this area will prove to be Masai and his front offices biggest strength. Will 3 picks in a really deeep draft I expect us to find some solid players.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I really like Capela. He has good size, and I heard he's very good at running the floor and a decent shot blocker. Plus we could really use some depth up front.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I really like Capela. He has good size, and I heard he's very good at running the floor and a decent shot blocker. Plus we could really use some depth up front.

Yep Capela has really high upside.
He has great size and hes a crazy shotblocker. The problem with him is that hes currently RAIL thin, not very strong and hes really not a very good player at this point. He's almost the definition of a "project" but if he pans out you're looking at something close to a Ibaka type player.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He has great size and hes a crazy shotblocker. The problem with him is that hes currently RAIL thin, not very strong and hes really not a very good player at this point. He's almost the definition of a "project" but if he pans out you're looking at something close to a Ibaka type player.

Exactly. Another problem is that he wasn't competing against the norm of NCAA talent and what not, so it's harder to see how he's going to develop.

Be interesting to see his work out.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

Doubt it, there is bust written all over this guy, and even if he pans out he's not even close to serge. I just don't know if you pick this guy over what's potentially going to be left on the board.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ling-decides-pursue-1-billion-lawsuit-nba-all

Donald Sterling, in what can only be described as the epitome of crotchety old man style dick moves, has chosen to pull his support for the sale of the Clippers to Steve Ballmer for $2b and instead is going ahead with his $1b lawsuit against the league for what's happened.

Because it's apparently worth it to him to give up a billion dollars just to try and flip the league the finger.:shakehead

:shakehead

He's a joke. Just take the money and leave already.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I want Payne, I think he would be the perfect fit here, but I honestly don't see him lasting until #20.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I want Payne, I think he would be the perfect fit here, but I honestly don't see him lasting until #20.

I'm really high on Payne.
Hes got great athleticism, good size, plays with alot of intensity. I think he measured suprisingly really well and some think he could play some spots minutes at C even tho PF is his nba position. The one problem with Payne is that he has this irregular lung condition and it effects his stamina or something.

I'd have no problems taking him at #20. He looks like a lock to be a rotation player.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Following the suit of Kidd and Fisher, NAsh will retire and get an immediate coaching gig.

I don't understand at all. The Knicks should already know the unmitigated disaster that was Jason Kidd with their neighbors across the bridge (**** Brooklyn, btw), now they're making the same mistake with Derek Fisher? As a divisional rival, I don't mind seeing our division rivals shoot themselves in the foot :laugh:

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
It would be nice to see us get Steve Nash.

I really wanted Nash when he was a FA but now that he's signed with LA I hope he stays there and wins a championship. Won't happen if the team can't stay healthy but I would be welcome to him joining our coaching staff after he retires. Especially if Ennis dropped to us and he could coach him 1 on 1 and turn him into an elite PG. He'll probably go coach Pheonix or Miami or wherever.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Reports coming out that Randle requires foot surgery and is scaring lottery teams to the point of not selecting him.

That's the type of guy who falls to 20 and 15 teams before you regret it down the road

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I really wanted Nash when he was a FA but now that he's signed with LA I hope he stays there and wins a championship. Won't happen if the team can't stay healthy but I would be welcome to him joining our coaching staff after he retires. Especially if Ennis dropped to us and he could coach him 1 on 1 and turn him into an elite PG. He'll probably go coach Pheonix or Miami or wherever.

The Lakers blow and aren't winning a championship now or in the near future the way things are going. Pau allegedly wanting out, Kobe sucking up a giant part of the Lakers' cap on a ridiculous extension he's only getting because of history, Nash being seemingly irrevocably broken, lots of mediocre other parts, and the only real asset they've got is a 7th pick that apparently no one will meet their trade demands on.

And personally for Nash, as I said above, he's broken. More and more he just can't stay healthy for significant stretches of games. There's a reason most people expected him to strongly consider retiring when it was announced he was taking a big chunk of last season off because of his injuries.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'd be scared too. With Embiid he has a pretty common back injury, but to hear that a broken foot didn't heal properly, well that's bad. If Philly stays still though they could probably nab Wiggins and then Randle at the 10 spot.

MCW/2/Wiggins/Randle/Noel

move Thad Young for a 2. Tons of rawness but good potential in the starting 5.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do any of you frequent Raptors HQ (SBNation), RealGM, or Raptors Forum?
All credit goes to the user Skeezo over at RealGM (cut and pasted directly, thanks bud). Most of the players listed below have been interviewed by the Dinos, or even attended a workout/visit to Toronto. It will be useful to build a big board:

Raptors Interviewed at Combine (Doubtful of a Visit need to Trade up or Slide to occur)
PG - Marcus Smart (#6)
GF - Doug McDermott (#11)
SG - Gary Harris (#12)
SG - Nick Stauskas (#13)
PG - Tyler Ennis (#16) - (Toronto Workout)
SF - James Young (#17)
PG - Elfrid Payton (#18)
SF - Rodney Hood (#19)

Toronto Workout/Visit (Likely Available at #20 or would be a Steal at #37)
SF - Kyle Anderson (#20)
SF - Jerami Grant (#21)
GF - KJ McDaniels (#24)
PF - Clint Capela (#25)
SF - Cleanthony Early (#26)
SF - Glenn Robinson III (#28)
SG - Jordan Adams (#31)

Toronto Workout/Visit (Likely Available at #37)
PG - Jordan Clarkson (#35)
SF - DeAndre Daniels (#37)
PF - Jarnell Stokes (#40)
C - Artem Klimenko (#41)
PG - Deonte Burton (#43)
SG - Nick Johnson (#47)

Toronto Workout/Visit (Likely Available at #59)
PG - Russ Smith (#53)
F - Khem Birch (#54)
PG - Jahii Carson (#57)
SG - Markel Brown (#58)
SF - LaQuinton Ross (#61)
SF - CJ Fair (#63)
C - Jordan Bachynski (#70)
PG - DeAndre Kane (#73)
C - Alec Brown (#74)
SF - Melvin Ejim (#80)
C - Alex Kirk (#90)
F - Josh Huestis (#91)