Raptors Discussion: v30: Chuckers Gonna Chuck V: ...Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

:laugh:

wulfio*

I don't need to give you the odds. You said anyone outside the top 5 is garbage. I disagreed with you and seriously it was a dumb comment. I never said I was against tanking, I was simply stating the fact that there are all-star players outside the top 5 that have and can help teams win.

I also agreed that the franchise type players are almost always found in the top 5 of the draft. So I am not sure what you're going on about tbh? I called you on a dumb comment and you keep trying to change what you say I called you on. I even linked your post and you still choose to be weird about it.

If there is one thing I have learned about the last time we had this debate it's that there is no talking to you about anything, You are never willing to change you stance or listen to others on theirs like you have done to many posters on here other then myself who had difference of opinions with you.

I said earlier in the season that I would give them the benefit of the doubt and review at about the 20 game mark before I would give up on the current squad. That time has come and past and I am was for blowing it up at about the 12 game mark.

and as for your first paragraph bro here it is again for you:

No, because every time I talk about the top 5 you keep saying how great the players are outside the top 5. The problem is, outside the top 5 the odds are stupid. I see you're trying to save face though by making stuff up. I never once said you can't find anything outside the top 5. I have continually, and repeatedly talked about the odds of attaining such players. It's just not worth the risk. You continue to respond to me about the exceptions to the rule, when you fail to comprehend how badly the odds are stacked against you.

You are the one that's actually back peddling. I am consistent in telling you that you absolutely need to tank. You cannot build without tanking when you're the Toronto Raptors. When you're consistently picking in the 5-15 range like we do, you will be stuck in a constant state of limbo hoping that your crappy picks defy the odds. Finding a mediocre Derozan one year, and finding an Araujo the next, all the while hoping you find a Steve Nash or Steph Curry. But I'm super happy you are back peddling big time now and finally admit that we need to blow it up.

Congrats, even though you won't admit I was right all along. Your conceding that we need to blow this crappy team up is enough of an admittance.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
AHAHAHA BARGNANI !!!!

Knicks are in overtime, have the ball with 30 seconds left. Carmelo shoots with 11 seconds left, misses. Chandler gets the board, kicks it out to bargnani.

Knicks have two-point lead. Bargnani catches kickout pass off offensive board. 11 seconds left. Has ball. Has lead. Has time. Shoots.

AHAHAHA! He missed the three and then Henson tied it with 0.3 seconds left to force double OT !

http://t.co/2Vly5Ml0bf

Last edited:

socratic

Jun 27, 2011
AHAHAHA BARGNANI !!!!

Knicks are in overtime, have the ball with 30 seconds left. Carmelo shoots with 11 seconds left, misses. Chandler gets the board, kicks it out to bargnani.

Knicks have two-point lead. Bargnani catches kickout pass off offensive board. 11 seconds left. Has ball. Has lead. Has time. Shoots.

AHAHAHA! He missed the three and then Henson tied it with 0.3 seconds left to force double OT !

http://t.co/2Vly5Ml0bf

The gift that keeps on giving.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
No, because every time I talk about the top 5 you keep saying how great the players are outside the top 5. The problem is, outside the top 5 the odds are stupid. I see you're trying to save face though by making stuff up. I never once said you can't find anything outside the top 5. I have continually, and repeatedly talked about the odds of attaining such players. It's just not worth the risk. You continue to respond to me about the exceptions to the rule, when you fail to comprehend how badly the odds are stacked against you.

You are the one that's actually back peddling. I am consistent in telling you that you absolutely need to tank. You cannot build without tanking when you're the Toronto Raptors. When you're consistently picking in the 5-15 range like we do, you will be stuck in a constant state of limbo hoping that your crappy picks defy the odds. Finding a mediocre Derozan one year, and finding an Araujo the next, all the while hoping you find a Steve Nash or Steph Curry. But I'm super happy you are back peddling big time now and finally admit that we need to blow it up.

Congrats, even though you won't admit I was right all along. Your conceding that we need to blow this crappy team up is enough of an admittance.

Lol no wulfio, I only got into this argument with you because of what you said about every player being garbage outside the top 5. I am not trying to save face, Last year I thought Rudy Gay would bring a lot more to the team then he did, I also thought this year Val would be more then what he has shown to date.

You never said anything about franchise players in your statement, and the argument started after you made that claim. And as for me being opposed to the rebuild I said I was willing to give to team the benefit of the doubt and at least give them till the 20 game mark before the season started and I changed my tune just over 1/2 way to that mark.

I kinda laugh at the thought that you try and make it sound like it was you who made me change my stance on the team when in fact if I clearly stated to give them at least 20 games to see what they can do. If you bother to read and go back a bit you will see I changed my mind on the team well before the Gay trade, and was supportive of it, I even posted that Demar was to one dimensional to be the main piece for any successful team.

But if you think you are the one who changed my mind then hat's off to you. If this is the kind of thing that makes you puff your chest out a little further and sleep a little deeper at night, good for you. Just don't go back through the history and check previous posts cuz you will probably be disappointed :)

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Epic tank loss last night by the Raptors. Knew they had it in them! Just feel bad for the paying fans who actually want to see this team win. Raptors were up by 16 at one point.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Epic tank loss last night by the Raptors. Knew they had it in them! Just feel bad for the paying fans who actually want to see this team win. Raptors were up by 16 at one point.

I don't feel bad for them. Why the hell are they paying to watch when it seems obvious they're in for the tank?

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008

Just put a picture of Wiggins on the scoreboard. Give them something to cheer for.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
I watched the game last night, I actually kind of wanted them to win. But oh well, they better lose as many games as they can... Tank Nation :yo:

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
We could legitimately have been in 4th place right now if we knew how to close out a game. If we're still in a playoff spot by mid season screw TankNation. I'm all in for a playoff push. That's how bad the east is.

Sorry to go against the flow.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
The East Finals are almost guaranteed to be Pacers vs Heat. Only way we can win a playoff round is by finishing 3rd-6th. Although playoff experience is important for the team, how many players do you think are part of Masai's long-term plan? I'll take a guess:

Terrence Ross (Bench scorer)
Possibly DeMar DeRozan
Possibly Amir Johnson
Jonas (starting C)

And then maybe vazquez as a backup PG, Patterson as a backup PF, Psycho-T as a backup PF

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
The East Finals are almost guaranteed to be Pacers vs Heat. Only way we can win a playoff round is by finishing 3rd-6th. Although playoff experience is important for the team, how many players do you think are part of Masai's long-term plan? I'll take a guess:

Terrence Ross (Bench scorer)
Possibly DeMar DeRozan
Possibly Amir Johnson
Jonas (starting C)

And then maybe vazquez as a backup PG, Patterson as a backup PF, Psycho-T as a backup PF

According to Masai himself, nobody is untouchable. Not even JV. I've read rumours that DD is being offered in trade talks too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, if someone offered a crazy offer then he would trade JV, that is what he means.

I could see Lowry, Amir and DD all gone soon.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to Masai himself, nobody is untouchable. Not even JV. I've read rumours that DD is being offered in trade talks too.

Rumors are that Valanciunas is all but untouchable, and that it might take a significant offer including a high pick to consider moving Amir.

From Chad Ford's "Tank Rank" recurring piece on ESPN:

Rudy Gay's absence hasn't had the tanking effect GM Masai Ujiri had hoped for. In fact, the Raptors are 3-1 since the trade. That's why Ujiri is out working hard to move more veterans, such as Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. Lowry should be pretty easy to move. DeRozan will be tougher.
GMs are even more interested in trying to pry away Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, I'm told. Valanciunas is virtually untouchable, and it would take a pretty high draft pick to pry away Johnson, who is playing the best ball of his career right now (averaging 20 points and nine rebounds in his past five games).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10144499/tank-rank-waiting-big-reveal (it's insider)

Animal

Oct 10, 2012

I've heard the same, but that being said, I'm sure there are a few players he'd love to hang onto for when we're competitive. I agree that nobody should be untouchable for the right price

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
Is there a Christmas trade freeze in the NBA like there is in hockey? I can't seem to find the answer

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
But JV is a high level piece... I just don't see him being moved. Lowry and Amir seems logical.

Most fans seem reluctant to part with Amir (including myself). However, although his current contract is nice, who's to say he doesn't want to get paid once it expires? His nice contract isn't benefitting us much if we're not going for the playoffs, and he would be an excellent piece to add to a contender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad