Raptors Discussion: v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskandm004

Jun 14, 2007
Guys relaxx.... With Jonas and Johnson on this team and we always needing some serious talent from the wings this is a fair trade that we can afford to make.

Everyone will be thanking BC by next week just watch

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Guys relaxx.... With Jonas and Johnson on this team and we always needing some serious talent from the wings this is a fair trade that we can afford to make.

I just don't get why we added a max deal attached to a non-max deal player... without getting rid of Bargs contract... now we've got Lowry running the point, an experiment that didn't work earlier in the year.

I don't think we got better for this year, we've got no #1 pick etc.

Doesn't look good in my eyes

Iskandm004

Jun 14, 2007
Lowery was our MVP before his injury.

With the possibilty of Having Lowery and Bargs returning to their top form and adding Gay into the mix I really like the raps. The having back JV then you got a Playoff team

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
WOW, you trade Davis...

He is so good at rebounds, and was just starting to get better at the offense too. What a joke, TRADE ****EN BARGNANI, not Davis.

Such a bad deal.

Fire the useless GM, just like Burke was fired.

member 116861

WOW, you trade Davis...

He is so good at rebounds, and was just starting to get better at the offense too. What a joke, TRADE ****EN BARGNANI, not Davis.

Such a bad deal.

Fire the useless GM, just like Burke was fired.

It's not an easy thing to do.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
I have nothing against Gay, I like him as a player. But I don't see why we traded for him, he doesn't really fit. Better Derozan with the same strengths and weaknesses. Neither can shoot a 3 particularly well. + giving up Ed Davis whos been a stud in a season where were not contending. I don't get it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I like Rudy Gay, and we FINALLY have a 3. But I REALLY dislike trading Ed Davis. That could come back to haunt us.

And it will be really interesting to see how DeRozan and Gay do on the floor together.

As for Calderon, I appreciate the passion and what he did for this team. But I'm glad he's gone, no disrespect intended.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Without Davis, it means Bargnani starting again, with Johnson playing out of position at the 4.

meanwhile you've got Gay, DeRozan, and Ross at teh 2/3 when they're all very much redundant.

This is one of those "I'm making a move to make a move and look like I'm doing the team some good" trade.

Honestly trading DeRozan makes more sense for me. Memphis gets a younger, cheaper Rudy Gay knockoff (minus the 3-point shooting) to plug back into its lineup and keep costs down. Toronto gets an improved DeRozan who costs more, but gives you a little bit more. It doesn't really solve all the problems with the Raptors, nor does it give them a true go-to scorer. But swapping those two players is a better trade-off than losing Davis and trying to cram all 3 of DeMar, Gay, and Ross into the lineup.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I love the idea of acquiring RG to fill the glaring void at small forward. I hate the idea of parting with Davis instead of Bargs at power forward.

Iskandm004

Jun 14, 2007
JV has better potential then Davis in that position and is a better defender.

AND by next season the entire league is going to know that David only goes to his left. I am not worried

MrLegend28*

up until this year, if you put Davis' name in a trade you would of went through withit. Hes having a decent year, now hes untouchable? You sell Davis at this highest point and get Gay in return. Thats amazing lol. Calderon is not apart of the future. This is a great trade

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Where did Hamed Haddadi's name come from? If everyone loves Aaron Gray, they're going to love him too. He's basically the Iranian Gray

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I like this trade. This season is pretty much a wash, at 16-29 we'd need a miracle to make the playoffs (even in the East). Bryan Colangelo's job security probably rests on how the team plays once Gay starts playing. IF we have a strong finish and he produces, he might keep his job. If not, BC has got to be on the way out.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Pistons poised to send both Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye to Grizzlies to acquire Jose Calderon as part of Rudy Gay deal

MrLegend28*

I like this trade. This season is pretty much a wash, at 16-29 we'd need a miracle to make the playoffs (even in the East). Bryan Colangelo's job security probably rests on how the team plays once Gay starts playing. IF we have a strong finish and he produces, he might keep his job. If not, BC has got to be on the way out.

were 5.5 games out with just under half the season to go lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad