Raptors Discussion: v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnipeCheeseAllDay

Jan 16, 2007
Toronto
Why is everyone mad over this trade (if it goes down)? Derozan >>>>> Davis. Sure ED has progressed a ton this year but he's still very raw. As is Derozan, but in my eyes Derozan has a way higher ceiling.

And yes Derozan and Gay play similar games but so what? When you have Lowry, Valanciunas, A.Johnson, Ross, Anderson on the team, having two skilled swingmen in Derozan/Gay is very usefull.

If one of them is off his game (Derozan has been extremely inconsistent) then you have another who can take over.

Valanciunas will play C for us and A.Johnson will take over ED's role.

I for one welcome this trade with open arms. If only we can get rid of Bargnani instead of Calderon though...

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
were 5.5 games out with just under half the season to go lol

True, but I see Boston dipping out that much (even without Rondo). I'm predicting they finish either 38-44 , 39-43 , or 40-42 which would be 8th. To get to 40 wins, the Raps would have to go 24-13 and I don't see this team finishing that strong.

Plus the 76ers and Pistons are battling for 8th too. It's possible, but I just don't see it this year

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
As a casual Raptors fan, I like the trade.

We now have a solid core:

Gay, DD, JV, Lowry, and Ross is a pretty solid group of players to build around if we can keep Gay. We can still trade Bargnani, and hopefully get a first round pick to replace the one lost for Lowry around the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad