USports Exhibition/Non-Conference Schedules

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Damn. How does that happen?
They have 4 opponents and play 5 games against each one. Nobody wants to make 2 trips so they have 2 home & 3 away, or 3 home & 2 away against each team. Since this team relies upon gate revenue more than any other, I believe they are entitled to have their home games spread about.

Reactions: Rob

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Until this year they never had the need to play five games against another team. This year they have 5 games against each of four teams.
For the home games, for sure they need to do the 3 in 3 nights. But for the road games, my guess is that this is COVID-related with the goal of reducing time in airplanes. All of their road games are in Toronto except for the ones in St. Catharines with Brock - they could easily have scheduled 3 weekends with 2 games versus the 2 weekends with 3 games. I think travel is also the main reason they put Lakehead in the mid west division rather than the far west division (which is where they were the last time this aligment was used) - much less travel for Lakehead to schools in the mid west division once their plane lands.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Brock adds five games, already reported elsewhere.

Oct 14 Brock at Waterloo
Oct 23 Windsor v Brock (at Port Colborne)
Oct 24 Windsor at Brock
Oct 28 Western Ontario at Brock
Oct 30 Brock at Western Ontario

2021-22 Men's Hockey Schedule - Brock University Athletics

Nipissing and Carleton have made no announcements of any pre-season games. Carleton has a unique, and horrible, website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad