USHS Stats?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Are you unable to use names here? Let me help you out...Festler and Sacchetti.....one more time.....Festler....and......Sacchetti.
And go back and read what I said, I said I liked Virginia better as a team than Little Falls. Here, I'll quote it for you.

It's not entirely fair to Festler to do a comparison that way either as the players surrounding Sacchetti are better overall than the players surrounding Festler. Outside of the Hanowski brother's and Bergland, no one on Little Falls is going to scare anyone and that includes the goaltending.
It just makes me wonder if the stats can be skewed due to better teammates.

Maybe it was just my opinion, but I liked Virginia as a team better than I did Little Falls, so that's how I came up with that.

Notice that I did say teammates can skew stats....notice also that I have not said that people should only focus on Festler's numbers, just that, when compared head to head, he has outscored Sacchetti in HS, the Elite league and Selects, meaning that while some may not see him as a better player, he's still getting the job done. And anyone who's actually watched him play can tell this kid is a good player and SCSU picked up a good one. And I have no doubts he will continue to prove that in the USHL and at SCSU.

________

Feb 6, 2006
It's not entirely fair to Festler to do a comparison that way either as the players surrounding Sacchetti are better overall than the players surrounding Festler. Outside of the Hanowski brother's and Bergland, no one on Little Falls is going to scare anyone and that includes the goaltending.
It just makes me wonder if the stats can be skewed due to better teammates.
No they aren't.

The stats they can be skewed, since Festler's other linemates are more talented then Cody McNamee and Mark McGillivray.

The only other D-1 player on Virginia is defenseman Scott Kishel.

Didn't Festler play the entire season with the Hanowski's?
I doubt Virginia had more depth, since I only seen Little Falls play once which was against Hermantown.
Virginia didn't have good goaltending either.

Either way they both are very good players, with Sacchetti being better overall.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Either way they both are very good players, with Sacchetti being better overall.
That statement needs clarification. Better how? A better pro prospect? Are you a trained scout who's watched several hours of each player? Saying he's currently the better overall player is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to objectively quantify. Predicting who'll end-up the better overall player is still difficult, but just slightly more realistic.

Notice that I did say teammates can skew stats....notice also that I have not said that people should only focus on Festler's numbers, just that, when compared head to head, he has outscored Sacchetti in HS, the Elite league and Selects, meaning that while some may not see him as a better player, he's still getting the job done.
Honestly, it's too small of a data set to compare. There'll be plenty of time in the USHL and WCHA to find out who's really the better player here.

Put the Festler debate to rest people. Face it, despite the gaudy numbers, Jared is still a "wait and see". As an SCSU fan I'd love to know for a fact that he'll be the next Ryan Lasch or Ryan Duncan or Jay Barriball or any other small but fantastic player, but although he has the potential, it's far from guaranteed.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Of course its not guaranteed. Hell, Lasch wasn't guaranteed, most people thought he'd bust too, or at least not perform the way he did. But like I did with Lasch, I think we'll see great things from Festler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad