Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season"

For starters, Mike McCarthy f***ing blows.

lirl, #1 is "Mike McCarthy is still the head coach"

Sep 19, 2008
"10 reasons the Cowboys will be a dumpster fire this season"

For starters, Mike McCarthy f***ing blows.

lirl, #1 is "Mike McCarthy is still the head coach"
Kempski sucks

These type of people make a living rage posting about teams like you do for man of steel lol

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Kempski sucks

These type of people make a living rage posting about teams like you do for man of steel lol

Until he started getting too in-depth with stats, I thought the article was interesting.

One thing that's always entertaining is someone getting insanely worked up about something that doesn't really matter. In this case, an Eagles fan that hates the Cowboys so much that he wants to lay out, in specific terms, why they will suck.

Sep 19, 2008
Until he started getting too in-depth with stats, I thought the article was interesting.

One thing that's always entertaining is someone getting insanely worked up about something that doesn't really matter. In this case, an Eagles fan trying to explain why the Cowboys suck.
It's just the magary why your team sucks rage bit

Sep 19, 2008
10 Reasons why Ix will get take out for dinner

#1:

this is the type of "comedy" the kids find funny now

magary and kempski both punch below for obvious jokes which are painfully unfunny

given you are a frequent critic of offensive comedy perhaps you should not pay these "comics" any heed, they are as bad as barstool

Sep 19, 2008
it's funny because i am a strong advocate of O&A and offensive comedy such as LoS and YKWD and Shane Gillis and Rich Vos

Yet these barstool hacks like El Presidente Dave Portnoy as well as other edgy comic/opinionators like Drew Magary and Jimmy Kempski are insufferable for posting hate-filled vitriolic profanity-laced tirades and passing it off as journalism

"IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PROFESSIONAL WRITING"

When I was a kid reading the paper your opinionated columnists like my good friend George F Will or the late great Charles Krauthammer would not just flat out drop profanities in Op-ed pieces in the A section

Again the infamous Wilbon "To know thoughts on BCS, remove middle letter" was prose and linguistic style that made the reader think

now the reader doesn't think they consume profane rants from edgy angry ramblers. the same with that asshat AngryVideoGameJoe. What a cringe guy. He went on a Madden rant on Youtube and I had to unrecommend his channel so Youtube wouldn't filter me that shit. Wow, you're mad. Good for you. f***ing asshole.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
this is the type of "comedy" the kids find funny now

magary and kempski both punch below for obvious jokes which are painfully unfunny

given you are a frequent critic of offensive comedy perhaps you should not pay these "comics" any heed, they are as bad as barstool

I highly doubt "the kids" are reading long-form opinion pieces about sports.

I was entertained by one article I happened to see on Reddit, I'm not about to defend everything those two guys have done. I more wanted to shit on Mike McCarthy

Sep 19, 2008
I highly doubt "the kids" are reading long-form opinion pieces about sports.

I was entertained by one article I happened to see on Reddit, I'm not about to defend everything those two guys have done
reddit is also guilty for propping up corrupt sports franchises like barstool and enabling kempski and magary to do their hack journalism

i told you a million times stay away from reddit

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Hey alright

All these damn group tours are like 3-4k and they DON'T include airfare cost holy moly man.

Sep 19, 2008
In the old day intellectual like George F Will used to and still do write columns advocating REDACTED line of philosphy with prose and vocabulary that would make you smile. It was the true gift of writing, to be able to put the wonders of the written word so eloquently in visual form.

These days these hacks just ramble about anything in f***ing shitty prose. this is not distinguished and is a far cry from the elaborate prose of years past. what is beloved or wistful about Magary's long ass lines of hate speech and rants? YOU f***ING f***ING f*** MOTHER f***ER SHIT BITCH ASS MOTHER f***ER. How is this mature writing? Not everyone reads like a young prepubescent teen.

Lirl, how much thinking did it take to remove one letter from an acronym
It was his way of saying BS or Bull shit without directly referencing it

That kind of skirting around taboos is clever

not just outright saying it.

Hey alright

All these damn group tours are like 3-4k and they DON'T include airfare cost holy moly man.
link up your boy

Sep 19, 2008
that said nobody i know reads anything anymore because reading has become cliche

everyone just watches shit on tv now and lets other parrots do the talking for them i.e REDACTED / REDACTED2 which are literally mouthpieces telling you what and how to think.

There's a good chance I'm going to have to hold off until March or sometime next year to go!! :cry:
I'm going to do some more looking around though and planning.
the war has raised airline gas prices

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
These days these hacks just ramble about anything in f***ing shitty prose. this is not distinguished and is a far cry from the elaborate prose of years past. what is beloved or wistful about Magary's long ass lines of hate speech and rants? YOU f***ING f***ING f*** MOTHER f***ER SHIT BITCH ASS MOTHER f***ER. How is this mature writing? Not everyone reads like a young prepubescent teen.

I agree that stringing obscenities together is usually bad comedy.

Profanity should be used to enhance your language, not as a crutch that your language relies upon.

Sep 19, 2008
Thank you, Captain Obvious, for explaining the joke.

Ironically, the word you're looking for is subtlety.
Magary's pieces aren't even opinion where he can be somewhat readable when he is having a "take" on something, but are rather cynical pre-contrived lobs at franchises which he seems to think people give a f*** about. They are not opinion but rather low blows at all 32 franchises. If you want to opine about Snyder or Watson fine. Heck even curse all you want. Magary has a piece on Deadspin writing about how shitty the business guy Darren Rovell is. It's readable even with the profanities. But taking time out of your day to insult all 32 NFL teams, with a new team every day, and recycled jokes from previous years at best, is not readable material.

"DAY 21: WHY THE RED WINGS SUCK

LEL LOSING!

LEL BLASHILL!

LEL TANK!"

Is this insightful or funny? No. It states the obvious. Red Wings are rebuilding. Yet it's funny now to point out that gasp a team loses a lot while rebuilding after making the playoffs for an insane # of years.

And this is also why that UrinatingTree hack sucks with his video format of the "Why your team sucks" series entitled "Hater's guide to the NHL / NFL / MLB" Hate is not funny.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
So Cleveland gave up a ton of first round picks and a quarter billion dollars to a guy who is probably going to miss an entire season for them after already missing an entire season? Wtf

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Magary's pieces aren't even opinion where he can be somewhat readable when he is having a "take" on something, but are rather cynical pre-contrived lobs at franchises which he seems to think people give a f*** about. They are not opinion but rather low blows at all 32 franchises. If you want to opine about Snyder or Watson fine. Heck even curse all you want. Magary has a piece on Deadspin writing about how shitty the business guy Darren Rovell is. It's readable even with the profanities. But taking time out of your day to insult all 32 NFL teams, with a new team every day, and recycled jokes from previous years at best, is not readable material.

"DAY 21: WHY THE RED WINGS SUCK

LEL LOSING!

LEL BLASHILL!

LEL TANK!"

Is this insightful or funny? No. It states the obvious. Red Wings are rebuilding. Yet it's funny now to point out that gasp a team loses a lot while rebuilding after making the playoffs for an insane # of years.

And this is also why that UrinatingTree hack sucks with his video format of the "Why your team sucks" series entitled "Hater's guide to the NHL / NFL / MLB" Hate is not funny.

Remember when I said earlier that it's entertaining watching someone get all angry about something that doesn't matter?

carl-chef-kiss.gif

Sep 19, 2008
So Cleveland gave up a ton of first round picks and a quarter billion dollars to a guy who is probably going to miss an entire season for them after already missing an entire season? Wtf
obviously they didn't expect him to be suspended for the whole yaer

Remember when I said earlier that it's entertaining watching someone get all angry about something that doesn't matter?

carl-chef-kiss.gif
the trend in sports is to have assholes like portnoy and magary just rant about things that piss them off or roast teams

it's so stupid

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte

Hopefully it will be seen as a terrible move by Cleveland for a while.

Even if Watson comes back from suspension and is wildly successful, the Browns already tanked their public opinion by trading for a known scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad