Useless Thread MDCCCXXXIV - John H Ruiz "El Presidente" Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
besides you know i'm high on impossible and tvp and beyond burger

i was the one first talking about them here

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
About a year now. Not fully vegan but keep a few bags around in the freezer. Funny enough I have a roll of mild sausage defrosting atm in fridge
I'm not a fan of Vegan food, but I've always wanted to taste Seitan to see how much it resembles real chicken.

Do you not know how to grocery shop??
Best to save money during these times.

Not literal shit I hope. :laugh:
Darcy Kuemper bobbleheads.

Sep 19, 2008
wonder if peacock has the WWE backlash ppv where Shane won against the big Show despite being unconcious

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I'm not a fan of Vegan food, but I've always wanted to taste Seitan to see how much it resembles real chicken.
The texture, by itself, really isn't close to chicken. It most closely resembles a sausage that would be made with pureed meat (and not just minced meat), without much fat. I know there are techniques to "stretch" it and make it closer in texture to poultry, or to add some other stuff in it (solid coconut oil, TVP, etc.) to make it more meaty.

Regarding the taste, well, it tastes what you mix it in. Without any seasoning, it's pretty bland. If you make it and brine it in chicken stock (yeah, wouldn't be vegan then - though there are "vegan" chicken-like stocks), then, yeah, it might taste like chicken.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The texture, by itself, really isn't close to chicken. It most closely resembles a sausage that would be made with pureed meat (and not just minced meat), without much fat. I know there are techniques to "stretch" it and make it closer in texture to poultry, or to add some other stuff in it (solid coconut oil, TVP, etc.) to make it more meaty.

Regarding the taste, well, it tastes what you mix it in. Without any seasoning, it's pretty bland. If you make it and brine it in chicken stock (yeah, wouldn't be vegan then - though there are "vegan" chicken-like stocks), then, yeah, it might taste like chicken.
So, basically, it's just protein with bland taste without any seasoning.

See? This is why I should never go vegan. I wouldn't be able to live very pleasurably without actual meat and fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad