Useless Thread MDCCCXXV: Board Downgrade Depreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
You guys get shafted so hard by ownership. That three year window you had showed just how hungry for a competitive team your fan base is. Pittsburgh is one of THE sports towns but you all know full well that any one who slips up and does well is just getting shipped out at the earliest convenience

"That three year window you had showed just how hungry for a competitive team your fan base is."

No, when the fans only show up when the team is experiencing success, that is the definition of fairweather fans.

Oh my god, you poor Pittsburgh Pirates fans, you only have two other wildly successful franchises to cheer for once they make the playoffs.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"one of THE sports towns"

Doesn't have an NBA team. Hmm, I wonder why. There has to be a reason beyond "no one likes basketball", because people clearly do like basketball in other cities.

Let's not forget the hockey team declared bankruptcy when the team was winning, lirl

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Doesn't have an NBA team. Hmm, I wonder why.

Hockey team declared bankruptcy and got bought by one of the debtors
The Pens were horribly mismanaged until Mario & Burkle took over. Since then they have sold out pretty much every game. Pittsburgh had an ABA team back in the day, but it was a failure. Pittsburgh never had an interest in the NBA & I don't think it would be wise to discuss why I think that is. :laugh:

As for the Buccos........baseball was always a tough draw for some reason, even when the Pirates were good in the 70's. When PNC Park 1st opened, attendance was fantastic, but once Nutting took over and basically showed he did not care about fielding a competitive product, the fans just gave up & I can't say I blame them.

Sep 19, 2008

Doesn't have an NBA team. Hmm, I wonder why. There has to be a reason beyond "no one likes basketball", because people clearly do like basketball in other cities.

Let's not forget the hockey team declared bankruptcy when the team was winning, lirl
"City of champions "

Sep 19, 2008

"City of champions "

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Sana of TWICE is an Islanders fan confirmed
IMG_0079-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"Why's beer so expensive at hockey games?"

You know it's possible to watch a game without drinking, right?

Maybe if people weren't such weak-willed bitches that can't go two and half hours without drinking, then they couldn't charge whatever they wanted, knowing people will whine but still buy it.

It's just like food at the concessions. No one is forcing you to show up hungry or purchase the shitty and overpriced food.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
"Why's beer so expensive at hockey games?"

You know it's possible to watch a game without drinking, right?

Maybe if people weren't such weak-willed bitches that can't go two and half hours without drinking, then they couldn't charge whatever they wanted, knowing people will whine but still buy it.

It's just like food at the concessions. No one is forcing you to show up hungry or purchase the shitty and overpriced food.
Anxiously awaiting @John Price reply! :laugh:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) — Sergei Bobrovsky was perfect. The rest of the Florida Panthers were just tough.

Patric Hornqvist and Ryan Lomberg scored 12 seconds apart in the third period, Bobrovsky made 18 saves for his 36th career shutout and the Panthers beat the Ottawa Senators 3-0 on Thursday night to snap a three-game slide.

Mason Marchment had a goal and an assist for the Panthers, and Hornqvist also had an assist. All three Florida goals were of the gritty variety from inside the crease, on a night where tempers flared with 19 penalties — four of them misconducts.'

And Hornqvist said it was the sort of game Florida better be ready to see again.

“That’s what the playoffs are all about,” Hornqvist said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad