Useless Thread MDCCCXV - Preemptive Next Marvel Movie Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So it's okay to use money from the UM health system gained off sickly covid patients to pay for a new sportsball coach?
And THERE is the U-hating IX I remember from the old days! :laugh: Sorry, the days of tie wearing Al Golden & FSU grad Manure Diaz are history! No more 58-0 home losses......no more losses to powerhouses like FIU & Louisiana Tech. The U is about to climb its way back to the upper echelon of college football & it scares Hokie fans such as yourself to death, eh? :nod:

Sep 19, 2008
Sep 19, 2008
Yeah ok, I'm going to worry a game where Mario was thinking about being back home where he belongs.

SALT LAKE CITY -- — Utah ended Oregon's College Football Playoff hopes in dominant fashion. The Ducks' 38-7 loss Saturday night also ended any chance the Pac-12 champion will claim one of the bids in the four-team playoff.
Neither Oregon nor Utah will finish high enough in the College Football Playoff rankings to earn a bid. It means that the Pac-12 will not send its champion to the playoff for a fourth consecutive season.
"It hurts because there were a lot of expectations," Oregon quarterback Anthony Brown said. "The potential was there, and we didn't maximize. We didn't grab the opportunity that was right in front of us."
The No. 4 Ducks never really had a chance against the Utes after no. 24 Utah scored 14 points in the final 27 seconds before halftime to take a four-touchdown lead. Britain Covey returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown on the final play of the first half.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Greetings again from the Internet Cafe. Enjoyed a nice, if not a bit too spicy Spaghetti & Meatballs dish at the comfort food place for dinner. Then it was time for "Songs from the Movies" with Alexa at the piano. Then it was a terrific show by our Beatles cover band. Next up was another PG13 comedy show and then back to the room to see The Steelers again proving "The Standard is the Standard"!

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
SALT LAKE CITY -- — Utah ended Oregon's College Football Playoff hopes in dominant fashion. The Ducks' 38-7 loss Saturday night also ended any chance the Pac-12 champion will claim one of the bids in the four-team playoff.
Neither Oregon nor Utah will finish high enough in the College Football Playoff rankings to earn a bid. It means that the Pac-12 will not send its champion to the playoff for a fourth consecutive season.
"It hurts because there were a lot of expectations," Oregon quarterback Anthony Brown said. "The potential was there, and we didn't maximize. We didn't grab the opportunity that was right in front of us."
The No. 4 Ducks never really had a chance against the Utes after no. 24 Utah scored 14 points in the final 27 seconds before halftime to take a four-touchdown lead. Britain Covey returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown on the final play of the first half.
So let me make sure I understand, so I can have people on the ship ask me why I am laughing at seemingly nothing.......you feel The U would be better off in the hands of Al Golden or Manure Diaz? And with an AD who is just happy cashing those ACC checks even if the team wins 6 games?

Sep 19, 2008
So let me make sure I understand, so I can have people on the ship ask me why I am laughing at seemingly nothing.......you feel The U would be better off in the hands of Al Golden or Manure Diaz? And with an AD who is just happy cashing those ACC checks even if the team wins 6 games?
Cristobal can recruit

But he is a skeptical coach. He was beaten twice by Utah.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Hm........would I rather lose twice to Utah, or once each to FIU & La. Teach?

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Mario Cristobal is going home again.

Cristobal is leaving Oregon and returning to Miami, accepting an offer to become head coach at his alma mater, where he won two national championships as a player. He let the Ducks know of the decision Monday, his team meeting in Oregon nearly simultaneous with Miami announcing the firing of coach Manny Diaz after three seasons.

“My family and I are excited to return home to the University of Miami,” Cristobal said.

Cristobal and Miami were finalizing terms on a 10-year, $80 million deal, by far the richest the Hurricanes ever have given a coach. Diaz was making around $4 million annually. The university has said it plans to give athletics an influx of cash, in part because the school’s hospital system has seen profits skyrocket during the pandemic.

Diaz was hired by Miami in 2018 on the same day that Mark Richt stepped down; this time, the football vacancy was even shorter, since Miami wasn’t firing Diaz without a commitment from Cristobal to come aboard.

“I am disappointed in the university’s decision and the manner in which this played out over the last few weeks,” Diaz said. “The uncertainty impacted our team, our staff and their families — these are real people that gave everything to this program. For that, for them, I hurt.”

Oh boo-hoo-hoo Manure! If any of those poor kids & their families would rather be stuck with mediocrity they can follow you to whoever is stupid enough to hire you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad