Useless Thread MDCCCV: Man Of Steel (2013) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Literally only NBC sorts the Olympics table by overall medals not golds so Merica comes out on top lmao

It doesn't even matter anyway because nobody "wins" the Olympics - there is no prize or award for the country that finishes top of the table
insert Lee Evans bit about Great Britain doing poorly at the Winter Olympics because there's no snow

"we should have events that we're good at, like moaning in the bus queue."

Sep 19, 2008
Literally only NBC sorts the Olympics table by overall medals not golds so Merica comes out on top lmao

It doesn't even matter anyway because nobody "wins" the Olympics - there is no prize or award for the country that finishes top of the table
It doesn't matter you're right, because the US is dominating in total medal count AND gold medal count.

At least you don't bring up that medal per capita shit. Like, keep the Capitals out of this, they have nothing to do with this!!

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution
Sep 19, 2008
The most dumbest thing @Zaide does is use stupid analytics nobody knows like "medal per capita" and weighted medals. No Zaide, the women's soccer gold doesn't count more than all the other golds.

Sep 19, 2008
image0-730x730.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Like if you look at the actual analytics the US and China blew the field away

China 38

USA 36

Japan 27

Russia 20

GB 20

The US leads by 9 over Japan in gold medal count. That disparity.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
The most dumbest thing @Zaide does is use stupid analytics nobody knows like "medal per capita" and weighted medals. No Zaide, the women's soccer gold doesn't count more than all the other golds.

He's kind of right though, this is why nobody cares about the final medals table because not all of the medals are equal, you get an obscene amount of medals for all the made-up swimming and cycling and rowing events compared to other sports for example. There's only 1 gold medal for each gender in soccer, 1 gold medal for each distance in the running, I saw on twitter someone say if there was a backwards running race like there's a backstroke in swimming we would think it was ridiculous

Sep 19, 2008
He's kind of right though, this is why nobody cares about the final medals table because not all of the medals are equal, you get an obscene amount of medals for all the made-up swimming and cycling and rowing events compared to other sports for example. There's only 1 gold medal for each gender in soccer, 1 gold medal for each distance in the running, I saw on twitter someone say if there was a backwards running race like there's a backstroke in swimming we would think it was ridiculous
He's not right. He's never right.

Sep 19, 2008
The US got a shitload of golds in swimming and track and of course men's basketball

But they all have the same weight

Do you mean to imply that Ledecky's 800m gold was less important than the us men basketball gold? It's all gold.

Sep 19, 2008
Implying some gold have more importance than other gold is goldcist. We should be woke. All gold are created equal!!

Sep 19, 2008
I don't know, I feel like if some athletes can win multiple golds in their sports while a soccer or basketball player for example can only possibly win 1, it kind of devalues it a little bit
it's not like they assign one gold for multiple swimming events

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
This isn't even jealousy because I come from a country where we revere people like Steve Redgrave and Chris Hoy as our greatest ever athletes because they were able to win consecutive multiple golds in their multiple made-up variations of their sports and I think it's kinda stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad