Useless Thread MDCCCLXXV: Coach Nerd Appreciation Thread

Sep 19, 2008
It's just a point of perspective.

Personally, I don't find enjoyment from short-form content like that. It f***s with my ADHD and it makes me stupid. I'm not interested in funny pranks, or stephen A shouting at someone, or some football reference. That's just not content I care about, so it's a real drag to come here and have to scroll through it all to carry on a conversation. It adds nothing to conversation, ever.

Like, I don't come here and post car videos, or coding/infra videos, or speaker reviews, or any of my interests/hobbies because nobody gives a flying f*** about it. It would just be noise to 99% of folks, and that's trashy.
who are you carrying a conversation with

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
but IG is important

arnold-wrong.gif

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
and some f***ing asshat who shall remain nameless literally posts 99% tweets elsewhere which slows down the f***ing website (again not this website so don't freak out) and nobody seems to have an issue with that. But when I post f***ing 7 embedded instagrams in a row, suddenly it's not okay. That other guy is literally breaking the website. it takes 8 f***ing hours to load one page.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
and some f***ing asshat who shall remain nameless literally posts 99% tweets elsewhere which slows down the f***ing website (again not this website so don't freak out) and nobody seems to have an issue with that. But when I post f***ing 7 embedded instagrams in a row, suddenly it's not okay. That other guy is literally breaking the website. it takes 8 f***ing hours to load one page.
If its who I think it is, he's just posting newsy items along. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. And the one time I saw him express an opinion about something he got fried for it. You find so much fault with stuff on the Football & Baseball Boards & I don't get it. And I say that as someone who enjoys many of your IG posts. However, I will say sometimes less is more, so maybe compromise & maybe just reduce the IG content a little in deference to those who are not fans? Again, we do not want to chase people away from here! :nod:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Redemption!! Baker Mayfield will be Celebrity Picker for Red River Rivalry edition of Gameday!! :handclap:

I'm actually going to give ESPN a mulligan for last week. The more I think about it, the more I think Duke did NOT want a basketball person doing the picks & taking attention away from the football team.

Sep 19, 2008
If its who I think it is, he's just posting newsy items along. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. And the one time I saw him express an opinion about something he got fried for it. You find so much fault with stuff on the Football & Baseball Boards & I don't get it. And I say that as someone who enjoys many of your IG posts. However, I will say sometimes less is more, so maybe compromise & maybe just reduce the IG content a little in deference to those who are not fans? Again, we do not want to chase people away from here! :nod:
it's not on these boards

Sep 19, 2008
Stupid expiration dates mean this cheesecake has to be eaten within a 10 day period, so have to eat it all now before I head out Friday

Dumb

We live in 2023 how do we have expiration dates

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62
Sep 19, 2008
the only good thing sega dreamcast told me to do is stop using gloves to wash dishes

my hands smell like detergent but damn if all the dishes mobbing the sink aren't all clean now in much less time

It's still preseason for another week, who, other than Stars fans, would have anything to say about that?

Sep 19, 2008
so f***ing dumb, 30 more minutes until they kick off. what the f*** do you expect me to do.

going to f***ing read a cookbook until they want to f***ing PLAY FOOTBALL.

i found a good set of ramekins for 9.99 at costco ! now i can make soufle !

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad