WC: USA vs Canada Semifinals Showdown

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
LOL, I'll try not to post in-game stuff too quickly. ;)

As a despondent USA fan cursing the semifinal game, your post was like a ray of sunshine, but yeah it was like not going away I hope this means they actually score.

The Roy absence seems pretty big today in terms of USA's defense hasn't been nearly as good without him in my opinion.

Reactions: Faterson

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
There used to be a soccer joke: "In soccer, they play 11 a side... and then Germany wins". Apparently, Canada wins in hockey, no matter the level.

Reactions: snipes and jj cale

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Congrats Canada! I still cant believe whats the point in referees not blowing the interferering, grabbing etc. I like physical play like 95% of the fanbase, but I´d like to see some speed also. In theese playoffs the referees leave the whistle in their pockets. Good though that its evenly for all teams

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
First time ever a Canadian team started 0-3 in this tournament now off to the Gold medal game.

Playing for Gold in 5 of the last 6 years.
Yet I've been told just this tournament we always struggle on big ice and always need the big stars to compensate for it.

Such baloney that gets spewed around here regarding international hockey.

Reactions: Faterson and snipes

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Congrats Canada! I still cant believe whats the point in referees not blowing the interferering, grabbing etc. I like physical play like 95% of the fanbase, but I´d like to see some speed also. In theese playoffs the referees leave the whistle in their pockets. Good though that its evenly for all teams
speed wasn't an issue in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad