USA-Sweden Burgeoning Rivalry

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If it remains a big 4.. I expect them all to hate each other soon. Should make for great entertainment to be honest.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
People are so quick to use the word “hate” these days. A sign of the times I suppose.

There is definitely a burgeoning rivalry amongst these age groups between Sweden and the U.S.

JimXVX

Jan 3, 2017
Yet another reason why the continued lack of any true best on best senior competition sucks - this tasty rivalry between these particular players will dissipate as they leave junior hockey and potentially never face each other again.

Reactions: EK47

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean I think that is just the same age group following itself through the different tournaments. Obviously there was a genuine hate between those two groups. Takes more then one age group to create a real rivalry though.

Yeah. A lot of these things are just cyclical. Particular waves of players come up through as a particular strong age group, have their clashes...and then move on. It takes a lot more than that to sustain a true rivalry.

It's also potentially a partial byproduct of leaving out a pretty big "rivalry" team. That, along with shuffling the pools around weird as a result, creates some heightened intensity. As well as Finland being kinda bad right now. A lot of factors contributing to a sort of cyclical, probably temporary heightening of intensity between two particular teams.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
canada-usa and finland-sweden are the two real rivalries for these teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad