GDT: USA - Germany Bronze medal game

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I doubt it. The game is actually pretty even possession-wise and scoringchances. Germany just cant finnish.
Did you see the other games of Germany? Totally different to today's game. They look super tired, their minds are somewhere else.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

member 305909

Germany has had a good tournament and their worst game is in a basically meaningless game. They can be proud of themselves.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Germany has had a good tournament and their worst game is in a basically meaningless game. They can be proud of themselves.
Well, meaningless ... Im pretty sure that any medal is a huge success for Germany. Bronze would be their first medal at WC top division since like 50s. Still a great tournament for them

Reactions: Kleefeld and Eisen

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Looking back later at the tournament I'm actually possitive it will have done more harm then good for the sport here. I mean I didn't expect any mirecles in the development even if they would have won bronze or silver, but this outcome was probably the worst possible actually. For the development of the game dropping out against Switzerland realistically would have been better.

Reactions: Kleefeld

thestudent

May 10, 2011
Good reminder for Germany that it doesn't belong among the hockey elite.

... and that to belong to the elite, you have to show up ready to win...

Because the Americans did...

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Sucks because games like these are the ones were casual German viewers turn in and then "Ah, they still suck. Back to handball/soccer."
Well it's not like the German handball team even made the quarterfinals in this year's World Championship tournament.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seider would play PP on most teams in the tournament. I'm not sure there is a german forward who would make the #1 or #2 PP on Canada/US/Russia/Finland.
Seider is a bit young for that role. Right now I see a big guy with lots of potential, who need some experience against better players and on smaller ice.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Sucks because games like these are the ones were casual German viewers turn in and then "Ah, they still suck. Back to handball/soccer."
True. I'm actually positive that the first time the bigger chunk of the audience has even heard of there beeing a hockey tournament was after the quarterfinal. So the potential for "they are even to stupid to win, even when actually playing better. why even bother with their useless arse?" is rather high. So the frustration potential is rather high.
If they would have just dropped out against Switzerland the majority of people wouldn't have even known there was the world's now. That would probably have been better for everyone^^

Reactions: Kleefeld

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seider is a bit young for that role. Right now I see a big guy with lots of potential, who need some experience against better players and on smaller ice.
Well, living in reality - German hockey doesn't have many alternatives. Seider imo is by far their most competitive option for PP QB and wouldn't look out of place running a PP on most other teams in the tournament. Seider+Stützle for example would be a strong combo on the powerplay. For Olympics, Seider is probably PP QB still and Germans need to thank their lucky stars he exists because their D pipeline is awful otherwise.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad