GDT: USA - Germany Bronze medal game

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seider beat pretty decisively by Wolanin on that one.
Seider is a big guy, who isn’t going to get up to speed like a smaller guy would. On the bigger ice the faster skaters beat him wide like that, but it won’t happen so much on our ice.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
The game could be 3-3. Germans have too bad finnishing ability. Yesterday they should have won. They play nice hockey, but cant finnish.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Germany is tired, the minds are done, this game was done before it even started.
Now Germany has to fight in order not to be blown out.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
The game could be 3-3. Germans have too bad finnishing ability. Yesterday they should have won. They play nice hockey, but cant finnish.
That's always their biggest problem, I remember when it used to be Switzerlands. The skill level is getting better, it will come.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Germany is tired, the minds are done, this game was done before it even started.
Now Germany has to fight in order not to be blown out.

I doubt it. The game is actually pretty even possession-wise and scoringchances. Germany just cant finnish.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Germany's international success in men's tournaments is more recent so it's understandable that they aren't quite as motivated for the game.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
They have absolutely nobody with scoring ability. Even if Draisaitl was here 99% of offensive ability would rely on him.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
They remind me of Finnish national team’s of the past, always playing well and sacrificing body to block shots just to end up losing purely because of lack of finishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad