US WJC Line combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Someone posted that Walt Kyle said he likes the combination of Oshie, Kessel and Schremp. Although the talent on this line is great, I see all three being centers in this tournament, especially looking at the rest of the US roster. Anyone have thoughts on line combinations ?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BlueBleeder said:
Having Kessel and Oshie on the same line, would probably give the Blues a glimpse of the future

Good call! :bow:

Seriously though. Many if not most of the U.S. forwards can play center or wing, so it's not a big deal. Kessel himself has played both this year, although he's better at center. It's more important to get the proper mix skillwise than worry about set positions anyway.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Kessel hates to hit. Oshie loves to hit. Who would you rather have at center, with more defensive responsibilty?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jake1 said:
Kessel hates to hit. Oshie loves to hit. Who would you rather have at center, with more defensive responsibilty?

No offense, but who cares if Kessel loves to hit or not? He's the top offensive player on the team and will be the 1st line center.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
No offense, but who cares if Kessel loves to hit or not? He's the top offensive player on the team and will be the 1st line center.
I agree with you in the short term, but I wonder would Kessel long term be better suited to wing? He seems to be the kind of guy who creates for himself more than he does for others, plus not the greatest in his own zone, which indicates to me a little bit that he might be more apt to the wing once he gets to the next level. You likely have a better idea of this than me, though.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Greg7 said:
I agree with you in the short term, but I wonder would Kessel long term be better suited to wing? He seems to be the kind of guy who creates for himself more than he does for others, plus not the greatest in his own zone, which indicates to me a little bit that he might be more apt to the wing once he gets to the next level. You likely have a better idea of this than me, though.

I think Kessel's overall game, at least on these boards is getting shortchanged quite a bit. He is an excellent playmaker, plays on both special teams, and has seen his defense improve immensly since the start of the season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd like to see Schremp at center since he was primarily a RW for the US last season. It would really help to show the Oilers whether or not he could be a center against great competition, or if he'd be better suited for the wing in the pro game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce