Upshall

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Solid 45-55 point 2nd line winger who can contribute at both ends of the ice.

70-80 point seasons from him are a pipe dream at this point IMO.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
MS said:

I don't agree. He has the potential to a be a solid top line winger with grit. Like Smokey said, similar to Ryan Smyth, but IMO with better hands.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
MS said:

Your project potential is right near his expected output for next season, his first full season in the NHL. With a 70+ games in the NHL, expanded playing time, and an increased role, I think most Predator fans expect him to hit around the 45-50 point mark next year. His full season point total, when prorated to a full year, is 42. And that's with 10 minutes of ice time per game (almost all at ES).

And the reasons why Scottie got limited ice time are beginning to disappear. Players like Adam Hall and Scott Walker struggled to stay healthy and/or adapt to the new NHL and Martin Erat and Scott Hartnell struggled with consistency, and he's leapfrogged a winger or two on the depth chart due to his play when called up. If he were to have received Adam Hall's ice time this year, his prorated numbers would been roughly 54 points. And that's at a modest 16:46 per game over 75 games with second line power play duty.

He's going to start out at at least a third line role going into next year, and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that he'll replace Hall and most of his ice time. While I don't think, even with the same ice time, that he'll quite garner 54 points, I am expecting around 45-50 because Trotz has not been shy about giving him premium even strength ice time.

If he stays healthy, adding 10 points to both your high and low gives him a more reasonable range for his potential.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
~50p 2nd line player, might reach 60p. Won't become a 70-80p player, doesn't have the hands for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad