Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens have been the walking wounded the past two years, but went on to win the Cup both times. They've been healthy most of this season, but have sucked.

Maybe with all the injuries starting to mount, they'll go back to familiar territory and starting being a dominant team again?

Apparently the Pens are the Incredible Hulk -- they're only strong when they're being hurt/angry, but if they're healthy they're a scrawny nerd who doesn't dominate anyone.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I guess DeSmith should be up soon? Corrado up for Ruhwedel is fine, I like Corrado and I like that he brings a more physical brand to help out Cole in the back end and also Oleksiak.

But Rust? They better call up one of - ZAR, DiPauli, or Simon.

Simon’s up but got hurt although I think he’s been at practice

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I'm so sick of Letang being hurt every year. And getting paid $7.25M. No one is gonna trade for this guy, so our boys are stuck with him.

Just put on IR in case anyone doesn't know.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
One of the ushers at the game yesterday told me Letang could barely walk, for whatever that’s worth (not sure when he was seen).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So Letang goes from missing tomorrow's game to going on the IR within the span of 24 hours.

Maybe we *should* trade him just so him and his brutalized carcass can be someone else's problem.

Reactions: ncm7772

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang on IR is retroactive to the 24th, meaning he's eligible to play after the 1st.

Convenient.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I thought I saw somewhere that Murray is sick and not hurt, they are just making moves now to cover for that tomorrow.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Letang on IR is retroactive to the 24th, meaning he's eligible to play after the 1st.

Convenient.

Technically I think he could play in the Detroit game on the 31st.

Are we taking bets on if he’ll be playing as soon as he technically can? I’m saying no. Trade speculation or whatever I think day to day was highly generous.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have a sinking feeling Murray's going to turn into one of those "what could have been" players. Elite when he's healthy, but never capable of playing a full season.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I have a sinking feeling Murray's going to turn into one of those "what could have been" players. Elite when he's healthy, but never capable of playing a full season.
Dude.. he won 2 cups in his first 2 seasons. He is immortal.. basically the complete opposite of "what could have been".

If he keeled over today, he still accomplished more in the NHL than 99.9% of goaltenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00