Injury Report: Updates In 1st Post | Clean Out Day

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Man do the Pens miss Schultz. Letang simply can't bring it from the point. But that is one of many problems.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Does anyone else get a kick out of how guys like Letang and JJ Watt are worshipped for being in "such good shape" - meanwhile they can never stay healthy?

While on the other hand, you have a guy like Kessel who is probably carrying an extra 10-15 pounds, but never misses a game

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Stepped on the trading block

latest

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Does anyone else get a kick out of how guys like Letang and JJ Watt are worshipped for being in "such good shape" - meanwhile they can never stay healthy?

While on the other hand, you have a guy like Kessel who is probably carrying an extra 10-15 pounds, but never misses a game

Well I think Kessel is a little lucky in that he doesn't play a very physical game. I think the whole "they're in such great shape" thing is just another made up storyline that talking heads come up with so they have something to say about good players. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pro athletes are in pretty darn good shape.

I do think there's at least something to what you're saying though. Supposedly that's why boxers aren't shredded, and instead have some meat to them.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well I think Kessel is a little lucky in that he doesn't play a very physical game. I think the whole "they're in such great shape" thing is just another made up storyline that talking heads come up with so they have something to say about good players. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of pro athletes are in pretty darn good shape.

I do think there's at least something to what you're saying though. Supposedly that's why boxers aren't shredded, and instead have some meat to them.

Letang is in great shape it’s a big part of why he is so good. He’ll put himself in some dangerous spots and combined with a league that doesn’t give a **** about dangerous hits sometimes it doesn’t end well for him.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
Letang is basically Troy Polamalu. Both are great when healthy, however, being undersized and playing recklessly leads to injuries.. It is what it is.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rust had a wrist injury last year too, didn't he? He was out like a month or six weeks. Guessing same thing because it looked like a wrist last night...

Reactions: 905PENS

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I guess DeSmith should be up soon? Corrado up for Ruhwedel is fine, I like Corrado and I like that he brings a more physical brand to help out Cole in the back end and also Oleksiak.

But Rust? They better call up one of - ZAR, DiPauli, or Simon.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't look at these injuries as a bad thing for the team, they have been healthy for most of the year and they have played terrible.

Get some new blood in the lineup and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00