upd: Laine has 16 goals (5 tonight) in last 10 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
There is no "alleged" riff between Laine and Maurice.Don't just drop that in there with nothing to back it up.

Laine has played with almost every guy on the roster minus really KC because KC was on the top line.

Relax. I was referring to some self described “insider info” kunekune was posting, which looks like it’s been removed I think. I should have quoted it.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Relax. I was referring to some self described “insider info” kunekune was posting, which looks like it’s been removed I think. I should have quoted it.

It's not that far fetched, they really did run him through the ringer. Dropped out of first PP and put on right point in PP2 (no onetimer threat) and dropped him in lineup after him and Scheifele destroeyd the league for months in 16-17. Stuck on clearly dysfunctional line for most of his career so far with severely low minutes.

Laine is an ambitious guy. If you start throwing bolts in his gears on purpose, he won't forget that. He wants to be the best and if someone is standing in his way of reaching that, the object will get moved one way or the other.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
It's not that far fetched, they really did run him through the ringer. Dropped out of first PP and put on right point in PP2 (no onetimer threat) and dropped him in lineup after him and Scheifele destroeyd the league for months in 16-17. Stuck on clearly dysfunctional line for most of his career so far with severely low minutes.

Laine is an ambitious guy. If you start throwing bolts in his gears on purpose, he won't forget that. He wants to be the best and if someone is standing in his way of reaching that, the object will get moved one way or the other.

Nonsense

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

Soooo much hyperbole. Laine has been playing the best overall games of his career during the last 5-10 game block.

Did you ever consider that maybe some of the Jets' tough love was what he needed?

Reactions: Uncle Bill

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Soooo much hyperbole. Laine has been playing the best overall games of his career during the last 5-10 game block.

Did you ever consider that maybe some of the Jets' tough love was what he needed?

I'd "like" but I can't.

The post your are quoting is a hot mess.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Not very many NHL records that you can say confidently will "never be broken", but how about this one for Patrik Laine?

3 NHL hat-tricks in 3 different countries in a single month.

You got different type of hat tricks. Add Laine to the list. It's official now:

A hat trick
Gordie Howe hat trick
Laine hat trick

There must be more of them. I'm sure we could name Gretzky a bunch of his own hat tricks. Like the one I just read about today that happened in 1983 apparently. Jari Kurri got a 5 goal night against the NJ Devils, but Gretzky did even better and had a 3 goals+5 assists the same night. What a monster.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Laine will make Ovechkin's 20-old-season look really bad if he keeps scoring the way he has. :sarcasm: 100 goals before Ovie had 20.:nod:
No he won't. The second best point producer in the Caps during Ovie's 106pts rookie campaign was Zubrus at 57 points. Laine is an amazing scorer but he'll probably end up being the third or forth best point producer in his. So unless he scores something like 65-70 goals there is no way I'd hold him in higher regard. Ovechkin was a different animal.

Laine is a Brett Hull reincarnation. Not a Art winner.

Edit: Hull won a Hart, but still unlikely that Laine will ever get one of those.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Kind of funny that just was it yesterday(?) I posted that he was two goals behind Ovy, four goals behind Pastrnak and then kaboom! Numero uno. Laine's production versus ice time, less ideal line mates and what not along the way make everything pretty extra ordinary, even if one excluded the age factor. Sometimes you wonder how insane those numbers would be had he kept on destroying the league with Scheifele or playing 20-21+ minutes per night rather than 16-17+ on the average. Oh well, at least no one can claim anything's been handed on the silver plate. Just glad he has now at least one player in the line who has playmaking skills and good offensive ability. Kind of fascinating to consider how difficult it is to predict his goal amount by the end of the season. I'm still pretty sure Maurice's gonna pull some breaks and make it more difficult while overplaying his precious first line though.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B

I considered it but it really doesn't add up. When he is given a chance, he takes it. They stuck to a dysfunctional line on purpose. The analytics were crystal clear the line was a black hole of talent. They could not have been oblivious to that fact, they are a pro organization.

He had two hatties in his first 11 or so games, they started changing him around the lineup then. Laine has been ready to put up a ton more points from the start, he showed it and was rewarded by drop in line and icetime.

I bet he would have loved to stay in the 1st line where he belonged from day 1.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
This is prime Laine and he is no better than past his prime Ovi.

Sure he has a great shot and excellent positional awareness but Laine is so slow and awkward when he accelerates/skates that he rarely creates chances for himself. It's not a surprise he has 19 goal and only 3 assists.

Last edited:

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
This is prime Laine and he is no better than past his prime Ovi.

Sure he has a great shot and excellent positional awareness but Laine is so slow and awkward when he accelerates/skates that he rarely creates chances for himself. It's not a surprise he has 19 goal and only 3 assists.
This is not prime Laine. He is definitely not physically mature. Assists will come no doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad