Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Crash Bandicoot isn't some kids trilogy it's a tough series, getting the time trials and all the boxes in every level is incredibly hard, warped is one of the best games I've ever played.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Ranking/unlock systems in online PvP shooters is a terrible idea and is only a lazy way to keep players playing for a false sense of accomplishment because the developers aren't confident enough in their ability to keep players there because their game is fun.

I find it funny that this thread got brought back. Especially this post I made when it started and all the recent buzz around Battlefront 2. I even used the phrase sense of accomplishment before EA did. :laugh:

Reactions: x Tame Impala

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Super Mario Odyssey isn't the spectacular game I hoped (maybe a 7/10 from me). It's got the Nintendo polish, but it's short and the replaying to get power moons is grindy. SM3DW was better.

Nier Automatia is overrated - I loved the art and music, but c'mon, take away 2B or A2, no one cares about this game.

Agreed on TLOU.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Haha

They're basically just differen versions of the same game, but I ADORED The Last of Us while, like I said earlier, I HATE Uncharted.

I'm the exact opposite. :laugh:

I love Uncharted's goofy over the top fun, and hate TLOU's game play. The story was decent having watched the "movie" version on YouTube.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Call me mr controversy, but I dont think Breath of the wild is the most unique zelda, I think Skyward Sword is. I find the linearness and lack of any type of open world (yes there is some sky areas that can be considered open world) refreshing. I even love the motion controls. I think people forget that once they added the gyroscope motion controlled games became more than just playable. Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword are really fun. Recently bought a dolphin bar and im enjoying a lot of wii games.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
While I love Breath of the Wild (and want to play it again). I hope they go back to the "Ocarina of Time" format - and really hone in what the problems were (with the format), and really pump up the story/adventure aspect. if choice has to be Open World vs. Story/Linear i'm going to go with Story.

(i also think it's a shame they haven't done something akin to Majora's Mask again. one of the best zeldas).

Reactions: Lancer

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Call me mr controversy, but I dont think Breath of the wild is the most unique zelda, I think Skyward Sword is. I find the linearness and lack of any type of open world (yes there is some sky areas that can be considered open world) refreshing. I even love the motion controls. I think people forget that once they added the gyroscope motion controlled games became more than just playable. Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword are really fun. Recently bought a dolphin bar and im enjoying a lot of wii games.

It's funny because I actually liked the motion controls, but found the sword combat in Skyward Sword really dull. I didn't play Red Steel 2, but it in Skyward Sword it wasn't really motion-controlled sword combat like in the Wii Sports Resort mini game, but rather a cop-out hybrid aimed at being accessible to everyone. Effectively you only had 3 slashes: horizontal, vertical, anddiagonal, 8 in total when you count different directions, and an armed enemy would simply hold guard forcing you to slash in one of those directions. So it's not the motion control that bothered mee but rather that they basically toned down any real sword combat and turned it into a mini game.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Super Mario Odyssey isn't the spectacular game I hoped (maybe a 7/10 from me). It's got the Nintendo polish, but it's short and the replaying to get power moons is grindy. SM3DW was better.

Nier Automatia is overrated - I loved the art and music, but c'mon, take away 2B or A2, no one cares about this game.

Agreed on TLOU.
Personally, I didn’t like SM3DW. Not innovative, just felt like a copy of the handheld games, not very original, just a lazy, mediocre game.

Reactions: Bozle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad