UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Bruce Hallihan’s latest article confirms Murphy is also graduating and won’t be back.

MacDougall “is still hoping winger Oliver Cooper will return for a fifth season.”

He also says recruiting is “progressing favourably.”

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Yes for sure Simpson, Murphy, Watling, McIvor and Anderson are done. Cooper is working on his MBA, he may have more to do with that not sure. A very different off-season for the Reds and G-Mac with not being able to do in-person recruiting, this is something we are known for and he excels at....but in G-Mac we trust!

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Great start to the rumor mill per Victor Findlay this week with Austen Keating, Jason Willms and Nicolas Guay being reported to having committed to UNB for next season. Love it! Still a long way to go before puck drop but liking what I am hearing! In G-Mac we Trust!!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
last one is locked, so I guess I will start part 5. Fingers crossed everything is back to normal this fall!

I’ve been thinking about this a bit lately...got to think it’s a real possibility hockey schools/rookie tournaments/development camps/training camps are affected...and maybe even pre-season/NCAA exhibition games, if not the regular season.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
yeah, I could see there being no pre-season.

I think they would have to set aside at least a weekend for pre-season...so give everyone a game or two.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the season gets started later than usual...maybe they go to a 24 game regular season this year in that case?

Reactions: Rob

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and PEI could possibly see sporting activity.

Will the AUS start a hockey season if other sports are shut because they cannot travel to Quebec?

Will the CW start without BC? Or maybe Alberta?

Here's the latest table, which lacks a column for the number of people in hospital (the most important number, IMO).

ProvinceConfirmedRecoveredDeaths
Manitoba2431435
Quebec18,5373,555877
Ontario10,5785,209553
Alberta2,8031,19855
B.C.1,64798781
N.S.6752009
Sask.3142344
Nfld.2571913
N.B.118910
P.E.I.26230
Yukon980
N.W.T.530
Nunavut000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Doing some thinking out loud here -

With Keating and Willms now official, there is your Watling/Anderson and Simpson replacement.

Guay would be the other Watling/Anderson replacement.

Landry looks more like a replacement for Murphy given his offensive numbers.

Hall was brought in last Christmas with the idea of him basically taking over McIvor’s role.

Those four recruits mean UNB has one or two (depending on Cooper) roster spots open. I can see a couple scenarios (I am assuming Cooper is back):

- Those four guys make up their recruiting class this summer and they leave one spot open for Christmas like usual.

- Having said that, if a stud player falls into their lap before the season begins I’m sure they aren’t going to say no.

- In the event the above scenario happens and they add one more guy and go into the season with a 22 player roster, do they go with that line-up all season? Or do they hold someone like Seitz out of the line-up for the entire first half to keep a roster spot open in case someone becomes available at Christmas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad