Line Combos: Ugghhh...

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Just took a look at the oilers website, and glanced at their lines.

Caggiula - McDavid - Slepyshev
Maroon - Strome - Kassian
Cammalleri - Draisaitl - Pakarinen
Lucic - Letestu - Puljujarvi

WHAAAT??? Puljujarvi on the fourth line with two plugs? Since the season is clearly over, why not focus on developing Puljujarvi instead of putting him on the fourth line? And give Letestu better wingers than McDavid, Draisaitl, and Strome?

**** off Tmac and the rest of you. Go die in a hole.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
LOL, that amazing.

Puljujarvi on the 4th line, Draisaitl saddled with a vet who's finished and an AHLer, McDavid saddled with two disappointments and a throw shit together and see if it sticks 2nd line. Mclellan is trying to get fired, I'm convinced. I think I actually want to see the game now just to see how wrecked this train gets.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Think those are just punishment lines for practice. Just annoying to see Pulju taken down to Lucic's level. Lucic should be on an island after that last game.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
It doesn't make a lot of sense for any team, struggling or not, to have different linemates in practice than in game. Unless maybe chemistry isn't a thing anymore. Seems like another grasping at straws decision which when the coach admits he doesn't have any answers...we might see thing like this since we hasn't yet been replaced.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Don't read too much into it. There were no players who earned top six minutes last game. If this is what it takes for him to send a message to these bums, so be it.

He's done an excellent job with JP over the last year so I'm not ready to lynch the guy quite yet.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Current results have not been working, change the whole plan and structure. Maybe he plans on rolling 4 lines quickly. Maybe he's trying to reward those that are trying the hardest. Maybe he's trying to combine the hard-workers with skilled players in hopes the skill can feed the hustle. It would be insane to continue to do the same thing every night and expect different results. We need to make up some ground, be creative, find a home-run, and hire some new special team coaches while you're at it!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Think those are just punishment lines for practice. Just annoying to see Pulju taken down to Lucic's level. Lucic should be on an island after that last game.

I thought the same too with PP units the last practice before Sabres game and....

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Todd, the problem isn't lines, it's effort, systems, execution. You can blend the lines after every horrible loss and it won't change any of those things. If Pulju starts there I just don't even know what to say. Kid was flying a couple of games ago but the team falters so he's shoved down the chart? Ughhh.

Reactions: Consultant

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
You mean like Letestu on PP1 less insane?

Yeah I know, TMac has his fetishes like nearly every coach. MacT had Toby Peterson and Marty Reasoner as guys he just couldn't quit, McLellan has Letestu.

It's infuriating, but I've resigned myself to it because it's 99% certain he's gone for a draft pick in another month anyway. We've basically been paying all year for that huge hot streak he had in the playoffs where he led the entire team in PP points and was 2nd overall in team scoring. He captured TMac's heart. :banghead:

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I naturally can't be totally impartial when it comes to Pulju, but I don't like this. He's been solid defensively and the goal where he obviously couldn't hold his man was a rare exception. He was excellent in the game before and though he obviously had a quiet game against Buffalo EJ gave him a 4, while e.g. Lucic got 2 and quite a few (McD, Kassian, Letestu, Maroon etc.) 3, so it seems like a very hasty decision to drop him down to the 4th line.

It's gonna be tough to play with Letestu and the current form Lucic if that's really the case. I can't help thinking that Chia's "the plan" has been and still is to add Letestu's value and to lower Jesse's. That's the only rational explanation I can think of but maybe I'm wrong. Too bad Drai and Jesse had just 1,5 games together.

As for the team, the whole combination looks desparate with some strange pairings.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I just heard on 1260 Letestu was possibly coming out tonight. If so I'd expect Drai back between Lucic and Pulju and Khaira drawing in at C. If McClellan really comes out with those lines tonight he must be trying to get fired.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I just heard on 1260 Letestu was possibly coming out tonight. If so I'd expect Drai back between Lucic and Pulju and Khaira drawing in at C. If McClellan really comes out with those lines tonight he must be trying to get fired.

I seriously doubt TMac can survive without Letestu in his lineup. He just can't quit that guy.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
He is addicted to the Tu.

Maybe the decision is from higher up if it does come to fruition.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Sounds like the people upstairs are trying to dictate his lineup changes and this is Todd's way of pouting. Remember when Billy Beane traded a star player because the coach refused to use him in the way that was dictated by management? Well 22 game winning streak here we go!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I hope they dont put JP on the fourth line. TM needs to quit messing around with him. I hate the way he treats him.

To me it just looks like Todds pouting about his line up.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I hope they dont put JP on the fourth line. TM needs to quit messing around with him. I hate the way he treats him.

To me it just looks like Todds pouting about his line up.

And the saga of Finnish Yakupov continues.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
And that message is "it's all your fault for giving me this mess" while Chia is thinking "this guy cannot run a bench to save his life".

They have to get out of this together. Lol.

Maybe its all just a reality tv show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad