GDT: UFC on ESPN: Santos vs. Hill/PFL 7

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The two fights prior to Wilkinson-Monte required a couple of fighters to go to the hospital (Hendricks had a broken nose and I didn’t watch the fight right after but apparently somebody from that needed to go). So 2 ambulances were used to transport those guys and none were left at the arena. They’re not allowed to start a fight until they have an ambulance on-site. So Wilkinson and Monte were just standing around in the cage waiting
Yea that's probably just as frustrating for the organization as it is for viewers, especially being the opening fight on ESPN. Hopefully they learn from it and put some kind of contingency plan in place for the next one. I'm sure they caught a lot of heat for it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yea that's probably just as frustrating for the organization as it is for viewers, especially being the opening fight on ESPN. Hopefully they learn from it and put some kind of contingency plan in place for the next one. I'm sure they caught a lot of heat for it.
Yeah they should’ve just done some stalling before sending the fighters out to the cage

Reactions: Taytro

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well, we're off to a really weird start here. I didn't know refs were allowed to ask the judges during replay and use that to determine the outcome of the fight. I didn't see any tap but Egger didn't really protest and then said she didn't tap. Just strange all around.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I usually like Bisping for his honesty but him trying to pretend like this fight wasn't a horrible mismatch and that wasn't predictable destruction against Alvey was ridiculous.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fun prelims, hopefully the main card can come through. That Battle KO was great.

Reactions: Killahpunk

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Paddy would not survive... He won't crack the top-15, an overhyped fighter, because he's from England.
I think Paddy is fun but they're going to take the O'Malley approach and feed him cans until he rounds out his game and slowly moves into fighting ranked guys. But yea as it stands today, Paddy gets run by most every ranked fighter, but that's why McKinney called him out, wanted his hype.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Usman, with probably his first good land of the fight, and he turned off the lights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Quite the KO from Usman. Not sure if he really sticks around but at least he's a natural HW and adds an interesting name to the division.

Reactions: Deen

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Usman, with probably his first good land of the fight, and he turned off the lights.
Can't imagine he has too many wins in the UFC, I thought he looked pretty awful in the fight until that punch. Just a bunch of looping punches that whiffed. Pauga however looked very good and I'd love to see him get a shot in the Prelims or at LHW because he looked crisp.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can't imagine he has too many wins in the UFC, I thought he looked pretty awful in the fight until that punch. Just a bunch of looping punches that whiffed. Pauga however looked very good and I'd love to see him get a shot in the Prelims or at LHW because he looked crisp.

Pauga did look good but I never trust blown-up LHWs vs HWs as the speed advantage is usually massive. Not sure how he will look when he's fighting guys who can move with him. He's got interesting pedigree though.

Reactions: Taytro

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Neal piecing Luque up.

Yeah, he was just throwing hope shots. That was about it. To his credit, he picked his shot on the KO, catching Pagua with some good timing.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Well I was wrong with this one. I thought Luque was out of Neal's league, but so far every left straight is landing flush for Neal. Luque is the one who looks out of his depth. Really impressed so far, fun first round.

Reactions: td_ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad