GDT: UFC on ABC: Ortega vs. Rodriguez

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well that sucks.

Has Volk said when he's fighting next? Could they squeeze in Yair vs. Emmett beforehand to determine the next challenger?

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I will say, if they run this back, the odds are gonna be a little different. Yair looked good early.

Also, Im and Ortega fan and I know it's an unfortunate ending but Yair did put him in that position. Yair trapped his arm, Brian tried pulling it out and it popped. Anti climactic the way it ended but not much different than breaking an arm in a sub.

Reactions: m9

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Well that sucks.

Has Volk said when he's fighting next? Could they squeeze in Yair vs. Emmett beforehand to determine the next challenger?
He said he wants the Oliveira/Islam winner, who won’t be ready for awhile, gotta think he wants one more FW defense before then

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Well that sucks.

Yair looked good though on the feet.

Really wish they would break up the cage stalling much quicker.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He said he wants the Oliveira/Islam winner, who won’t be ready for awhile, gotta think he wants one more FW defense before then
Not always about what the champ wants. Have to assume Dana doesn't want to sit Volk for 6 months until he can have a LW title fight. I'm sure Dana gets him a FW defence and then maybe considers LW

Reactions: I am not exposed

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Yair should be able to make a quick turnaround, #1 contender fight with Emmett is the only one that makes sense.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yair v Volk
Emmett v Max
Ortega v Kattar

Add - Wouldn't mind getting Allen or Bryce Mitchell in there somewhere

Reactions: 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yair v Volk
Emmett v Max
Ortega v Kattar

Add - Wouldn't mind getting Allen or Bryce Mitchell in there somewhere
Emmett v Volk
Yair v Allen
Kattar v Jung

Ortega has surgery and Max sits for a while because he gets hit in the head too much.

I think Emmett vs Volk is more competitive than Emmett vs Max. And I think if you give Emmett the shot and he loses, then you never have to consider giving Emmett a shot again because he's getting to that age.

Lot of contenders in that div and it's not promising that the champ wants to move up to challenge instead of giving the contenders a chance .

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Emmett v Volk
Yair v Allen
Kattar v Jung

Ortega has surgery and Max sits for a while because he gets hit in the head too much.

I think Emmett vs Volk is more competitive than Emmett vs Max. And I think if you give Emmett the shot and he loses, then you never have to consider giving Emmett a shot again because he's getting to that age.

Lot of contenders in that div and it's not promising that the champ wants to move up to challenge instead of giving the contenders a chance .

If Ortega just popped out his shoulder he'll be fine fairly quickly.

I don't need to see Kattar/Zombie, would rather a young guy gets a crack

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I would like:

Volk - Emmet
Ortega - Yair
Kattar - Jung - Allen - Mitchell - Evloev - Giga in what ever matchups we haven't seen yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad