GDT: UFC Fight Week: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2, Johnson vs. Gaethje

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
He definitely wobbled at the end of round one, regardless of what he says. That won't go over well against the best of the division. They'll finish him. Fun style though. Love guys that fight always going forward. Even if they lose, you still get an entertaining fight.
Yep, definitely.

The "defense" of a great chin, and constant pressure (great offense) can only go so far. Will be less effective the higher in competition he faces.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nate Diaz isn't elite in my opinion, but saying a guy is 'elite' is so subjective. Is he a very good fighter? Yes. So what's the difference between elite and very good?

What's the difference? Basically just a person's opinion. :laugh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yep, definitely.

The "defense" of a great chin, and constant pressure (great offense) can only go so far. Will be less effective the higher in competition he faces.

Maybe, but it can get him pretty far. Similar to Korean Zombie.

Let's not forget he's also a good wrestler. He didn't need it last night, but he will soon.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He's only been stopped twice in his career (one tko, one submission), every other loss he's had has been via decision, and he's fought McGregor, Benson Henderson, Rory MacDonald, RDA, Maynard, Cerrone, and Johnson when he was ranked higher. So what do you call a guy that fights the elite fighters in his division and if he loses, it's via decision? To me, it's pretty obvious he's an elite level fighter, but hey, it's like just my opinion, man.

I mean go back and look at the UFC top 200 list of all time. A slew of guys he's faced and beaten are on that list.

He finally beat Maynard after he was done.
RDA 30-27'd him. Dominated him.
Rory MacDonald dominated him.
Benson Henderson 50-45'd him.
Donald Cerrone never hit his mojo quite yet when Diaz won.
Michael Johnson win was impressive.
Conor McGregor win was super impressive.

Fighting top tier guys and getting dominated doesn't make him elite.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I missed the Travis Browne loss. That loss is a clear cut step back for him as Oleinik should been a favorable stylistic match-up for him. He's done.

Thinking about it, Browne is probably the most disappointing fighter ever. He had the toughness, the athletic tools to succeed and the Jackson camp did a good job maximizing his athletic abilities. Then he went to Edmond, then went as far as emulating Edmond's striking style and the results showed. :laugh:

Last edited:

member 51464

Wait, was the Font-Andrade fight bumped to the main card just to make it longer with the top fight off? Next fight is Pettis-Miller?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Travis needs to find a way for Jacksons to allow him back. Not sure if you cut him. You need HWs.

Frank Mir was granted his UFC release today.
Roy Nelson just signed with Bellator.
Andrei Arlovski has lost 5 straight (4 stoppages)
Josh Barnett I think is suspended
Cain Velasquez doesn't fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille