GDT: UFC Fight Week: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2, Johnson vs. Gaethje

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I'm impressed Romero went five rounds. Whittaker would wreck Bisping if it came to it.

member 51464

The top of the division is kind of a cluster. I hope to see Bisping fighting sooner rather than later.

That was a fun final fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a great main event. Big props to Whittaker for battling through the knee injury and taking the final three rounds. A few years ago I never would've thought he'd be fighting for the title but he has improved so much. Not a whole lot to say about Romero, he started strong but gassed badly once again. Bisping/Whittaker should be fun.

Overeem/Werdum wasn't very entertaining but I don't think it was a bad decision as it could've been 29-28 for either guy. I think Werdum really messed up going to the ground in the third round when Overeem was badly hurt. Overeem will definitely need to do more in order to get another title shot though.

Good to see Pettis pick up the win. He looked a lot more like himself tonight.

Oliynyk is very tough and deserves a lot of credit for his win but I think the bigger story is still how badly Browne fell off. Being in such a shallow division might be the only thing that saves him from being cut.

Loved those body shots from Laprise before he got the finish.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Run Amanda run! You were drinking beer and eating pizza two weeks before the fight, this ain't a rocket science. It's total ******** that you can pull out from the fight even doctor says you're good to guy.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That DC/Jones promo they aired before the main event was amazing.

edit: This one.....

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
That DC/Jones promo they aired before the main event was amazing.

edit: This one.....

Jones drives over pregnant woman because he was under the influence of multiple substance abuse. And still proud about his career with Coca-Cola.

DC let's do it! I was on the Jones side before hearing the whole side of the story. DC is a true warrior. He deserves that win.

Sorry about off-topic i just want to bring my feelings about that guy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Probably looking forward to UFC 214 more than any card ever. Hopefully it doesn't take any hits.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
This is a perfect example of why the scoring needs to be changed. Werdum's dominant final round should carry more weight than Reem squeaking out the first two. And this is coming from someone who was rooting for Reem. If you win the first and second rounds 10 strikes to 9, then in the third you nearly get finished and then controlled for the remainder of the fight, I'm sorry, but you did not win that fight. Now granted under the current scoring system it was 29-28 Reem, but this needs to be changed.

Admittedly I'm not a Gaethje fan at all, but boy he sure is entertaining. He's admitted it himself, but that style is eventually gonna put him to sleep. MJ should've fought like Condit did with Diaz, but he got caught up in brawling. Now granted you have to credit Gaethje for some of that due to his constant pressure, but still. They're talking about Alvarez next which is a fantastic matchup for him, so I'd assume he takes it.

Chael was on Ariel's show and talked about how the Nunes fight should've been treated as a forfeit. I can't say I entirely disagree. Obviously no one knows how she was feeling, but when you're headlining a card and doctors clear you on consecutive days, it's a bad look to pull out hours before the fight.

Bisping's trying his best but Whittaker just seems like too nice of a guy to get caught up in anything Bisping says/does.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Reem had 4-5 moments where he nearly put Werdum out of consciousness in the first 2 rounds (Werdum just hung in there through toughness and will, but he was definitely rocked multiple times). I dont feel this is the right fight to say the judging system is bad.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Reem had 4-5 moments where he nearly put Werdum out of consciousness in the first 2 rounds (Werdum just hung in there through toughness and will, but he was definitely rocked multiple times). I dont feel this is the right fight to say the judging system is bad.

Agreed.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Woman's MMA was the big loser of the weekend in my opinion. Dana White is talking of adding more divisions and about how impressed he is with the success of females in the UFC.

Then, a fight drops off on Friday because Aspen Ladd feels sick. Then the championship fight Saturday because Nunes calls in sick.

Bad look for WMMA.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
It's definitely not the most glaring example, just reminded me of it again. Bisping/Hendo was far worse IMO. I'd either like to see more 10-8s, more 10-10s, or both, so that damage is ultimately what's most heavily weighed/scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad