GDT: UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Big win for Evloev.

I actually don't really like that stoppage, would've liked to see it play out a bit. But kind of a judgment call.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
POTN: Osbourne + Silva

FOTN: Trizano-Almeida

I didn’t have an issue with the stoppage mainly because if Herb hadn’t intervened I think Rozenstruik eats a few more shots and it ends the same way. I feel like the only reason Jairzinho was able to get up in a way that made it look like he was still in it was because Volkov stopped throwing. When it’s heavies throwing these 250 lb bombs I think it makes the refs more cautious than they’d be in a featherweight fight too

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
POTN: Osbourne + Silva

FOTN: Trizano-Almeida

I didn’t have an issue with the stoppage mainly because if Herb hadn’t intervened I think Rozenstruik eats a few more shots and it ends the same way. I feel like the only reason Jairzinho was able to get up in a way that made it look like he was still in it was because Volkov stopped throwing. When it’s heavies throwing these 250 lb bombs I think it makes the refs more cautious than they’d be in a featherweight fight too

I agree that probably happens, but I'd still rather see it play out to confirm.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I thought the stoppage was a little early. Looked to me like Rozenstruik was in the process of standing up.

Evloev looked fantastic. Dominated everywhere and even though I don't think Ige has a ton of upside, he's still a solid top 10-15 fighter.

That flying knee Ige took :oops: His chin is up there with the best of them.

Reactions: m9 and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad