GDT: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Volkov

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What an insane knockout, as clean as you'll see. And at the top of one of the deepest divisions around right now against a guy tough as hell.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I had no prediction heading into it, but as the fight was beginning and seeing the size difference between them, I was going to predict a 1st rd KO by head kick for Sandhagen... but I was still typing a post about Guida which I will post shortly

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Frankie has had some bad KOs recently and is closing in on 40.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Will Guida be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

I'm inclined to think he will... and it's a little surprising he isn't more of a fan favorite the way Cerrone is

Yeah, he had that fight with Maynard where he ran around, but his list opponents fought is one of the most impressive in MMA history

Josh Thomson
Gilbert Melendez
Tyson Griffin
Roger Huerta
Mac Danzig
Nate Diaz

Diego Sanchez
Kenny Florian
Rafael dos Anjos
Takanori Gomi
Anthony Pettis

Benson Henderson
Gray Maynard
Chad Mendes
Dennis Bermudez
Brian Ortega
Joe Lauzon
Charles Oliveira
BJ Penn
Jim Miller
Michael Johnson

Wins in bold

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Will Guida be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

I'm inclined to think he will... and it's a little surprising he isn't more of a fan favorite the way Cerrone is

Yeah, he had that fight with Maynard where he ran around, but his list opponents fought could probably rival any fighter in history

Josh Thomson
Gilbert Melendez
Tyson Griffin
Roger Huerta
Mac Danzig
Nate Diaz

Diego Sanchez
Kenny Florian
Rafael dos Anjos
Takanori Gomi
Anthony Pettis

Benson Henderson
Gray Maynard
Chad Mendes
Dennis Bermudez
Brian Ortega
Joe Lauzon
Charles Oliveira
BJ Penn
Jim Miller
Michael Johnson

Wins in bold

He's had 1 finish in 17 fights over the last 10 years. Hasn't beaten anyone relevant in the UFC over that time. Lots of ugly fights, too.

Hard to gain a ton of fans that way.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I’ve never been a Guida guy. He has had a few fun fights with the Sanchez one standing out the most but a lot of forgettable ones as well. He’s moving nonstop but swinging at air or holding onto someone’s legs quite often. I do give him credit for longevity and toughness.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
10-9 Volkov

That was a very Overeem round. Looks good, lands big shots, gets dropped, and loses the round.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I think Overeem made a mistake earlier in his career by bulking up...

He's so slow... if he had stayed lean and light, his striking would've been so much more effective

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a beat down. A lot of patience early on and perfect timing from Volkov.

Overeem couldn’t afford to stay on the outside and cover up and that’s exactly what he did whenever Volkov pushed forward.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ngannou sleeps volkov in 35 seconds. 2021 prediction-he beats Stipe + Volkov + Blaydes in under a round combined

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad