Featherweight bout: Seung Woo Choi vs. Youssef Zalal
Featherweight bout: Timur Valiev vs. Martin Day
Featherweight bout: Ode Osbourne vs. Jerome Rivera​

Last edited:
Reactions: pistolpete11

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty good card this weekend.

I could see the main event being a bit boring with how strategically we've seen these two fight at times. It's also HW though so one of them getting KO'd in the 1st round wouldn't be surprising. I want to see Overeem win so I'll pick him but I'm not confident in that. He needs to keep fighting smart and maybe look to grapple along the fence or take the fight to the ground because that chin is very suspect and not only because he's fighting at HW. There are other HWs who can take punches that Overeem just can't anymore.

Co-main looks good on paper but I don't like Frankie's chances. I see Sandhagen picking him apart from the outside. Frankie could have some success with his wrestling but he's not really a finisher so he'd probably need to do that over three rounds and I just don't see it happening at 39 years old.

It's about time we finally get to see Pantoja/Kape. Kape has had a decent amount of hype behind him since signing with the UFC so I'm looking forward to this one. I'm not the biggest flyweights fan but there have been some good fights in that division recently and Kape is supposed to be another exciting flyweight with power.

Ferreira/Dariush should be a fun way to start the main card.

Reactions: pistolpete11 and m9

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This is a nice little card. I'm hoping Overeem pulls it off, I believe he's the better fighter. The question as always, is can his chin hold up? Looking most forward to Frankie/Sandhagen, Ferreira/Dariush, Kape/Pantoja. Also like the Johnson/Guida and Choi/Zalal matchups.

Frankie worries me when he's trading on the feet nowadays but he's still so well rounded and looked really crisp against Munhoz. Sterling's dominant performance over Sandhagen might've exposed some flaws, so I'm thinking Frankie can pull it off if he fights smart. Going strictly with my heart on that one though, will be very tough for him if it stays standing the whole time.

Tough fights to call throughout but I'm looking forward to this one.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty great depth on this card, though pretty sure Marion Reneau vs. Macy Chiasson is off and there will probably be more drops before Saturday.

Overeem v Volkov is a really close fight. I agree with @Avs_19 in that it's a bit different of a heavyweight fight - will likely be some more strategy involved and could definitely go 4 or 5 rounds. I don't really have a feel on who will win.

I think Frankie is in trouble vs Sandhagen, but I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know a ton about Kape but people who've seen him say that he's a legit title challenger so I'm looking forward to seeing him fight. Pantoja is a tough first fight, though.

Ferreira v Dariush is a great fight as well. What a deep main card.

Johnson v Guida is what it is, but I do think Johnson is still in a better spot than Guida right now so I think he'll be able to take it.

Devonte Smith v Justin Jaynes will be a fun fight - it's my pick to be the best on the undercard.

Deep card, free.. AND it starts at 5pm PT? Sounds good to me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This card simply has a lot of quality fights on it. None that make you jones for them, but they’re pretty much all good

I like Overeem. I think Sandhagen could be too long for Frankie but the odds are a little ridiculous.

I think Ferreira beats Dariush. Pantoja-Kape should be great. I even like seeing Johnson-Guida. The loser of that is probably done with the ufc

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pretty solid Fight Night. I agree with that's already been said, so I won't retype everything.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This card is better than the PPV next week.
I think they are comparable minus the title being on the line, but one you have pay an extra $70 for.

UFC 258 did take a hit losing Weidman-Hall. It's not an amazing fight, but it was a serviceable co-main.

The order of UFC 258 is a bit goofy as well.

Am I the only one that doesn’t think this card looks that great?
For a Fight Night?

It's pretty good for a Fight Night. Matchups of top 5-ish HW, top 5 BW, top 15 LW, I don't know where Kape would be ranked but maybe around a top 5-ish FLW, and a fight with familiar names like Johnson and Guida.

There's not a big hook, gotta watch it fight, but it's a solid card.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Whoever wins Dariush-Ferreira becomes a legit contender, that in itself makes this fight night card worth watching for me

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
They were talking on MK about Sandhagen's TDD. I double checked this to make sure it's true and it is...It is at 30%. That's bad. That's really bad. He's been taken down in every fight in the UFC except for Sterling (I guess you don't get credited for a takedown if the submission starts on the feet?). He's been able to win all of them except for Sterling, so maybe he popped right back up or something, but there's at least a path for Frankie. Even just the threat of a takedown helps Frankie.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Whoever wins Dariush-Ferreira becomes a legit contender, that in itself makes this fight night card worth watching for me

That's the one I'm looking forward to the most! Both these guys get over looked hard since the LW division is so stacked.

Reactions: CDJ

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I would've thought Sandhagen vs Edgar would be the main event... makes more sense to have them go 5 rounds rather than the heavyweights

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Overeem by ground and pound

Edgar really shouldn’t be such a heavy underdog either. I still lean Sandhagen but the takedowns should be there for Frankie

Last edited:

member 51464

Man, should be solid win for Rosa, but those are two tough chicks.

edit: lol, Rosa's entire top is soaked in her blood. Looking like a horror movie out here.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If NSAC assigns Tognoni to the Rodriguez fight I hope Slow Mike catches him with an “inadvertent” shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad