GDT: UFC Fight Night: Moreno vs. Royval 2/PFL vs. Bellator

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
How has Yair regressed over the last year? This sport is by far the most tilting to bet on. So f***ing frustrating.
I dont think he has. He's always been sharp on the feet and he was today too but it just shows theirs levels to the ground game and Ortega is several levels ahead of Yair on the ground. The best ground fighter Yair fought was a 40 year old BJ Penn.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I dont think he has. He's always been sharp on the feet and he was today too but it just shows theirs levels to the ground game and Ortega is several levels ahead of Yair on the ground. The best ground fighter Yair fought was a 40 year old BJ Penn.
Yet he ripped his arm off in the last fight.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ortega is a dog. I wonder if the ankle thing was an existing injury or not. Looked to affect him the whole 1st round. Even the punch that knocked him down, I don't know how much he was hurt and how much was stepping backwards on that foot.

What was he doing holding onto that choke for so long?

Yair can strike with anybody, but his ground game has always sucked. Topuria would have made quick work of him, too.

Reactions: 1specter

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ortega is a dog. I wonder if the ankle thing was an existing injury or not. Looked to affect him the whole 1st round. Even the punch that knocked him down, I don't know how much he was hurt and how much was stepping backwards on that foot.

What was he doing holding onto that choke for so long?

Yair can strike with anybody, but his ground game has always sucked. Topuria would have made quick work of him, too.
Rousimar Ortega

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yair has all the talent in the world but such poor fight IQ. Ortega is still tough as nails

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ummmmmmm

No?

That judge is high.
Under the new rules I don't think a 10-8 round 2 is outlandish. I personally thought it was only a 10-9 but 4 minutes of control meets the duration qualifier. Ortega offering the only offense for those 4 minutes with Yair doing nothing but defending meets the "Dominance" criteria. We've certainly seen worse 10-8s, but I agree with the other 2 judges that it was probably a 10-9. Good thing it didn't matter.

Reactions: ZDH

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Good thing I didn't rage chase my losses.

Usually my go to strategy.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Raw Dawg. I think he got it done.

Weird fight by Moreno regardless of how it’s scored. Figured he’d go for it a lot more.

Terrible by Herb. Two seconds of control and “work, work, I’m gonna break it up.” Awful ref these days.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I thought Royval did more too, Moreno looked like he was swinging wildly for 1/3 of the fight. But I can see it going either way and I wouldn't be mad.

Raw Dawg. I think he got it done.

Weird fight by Moreno regardless of how it’s scored. Figured he’d go for it a lot more.

Terrible by Herb. Two seconds of control and “work, work, I’m gonna break it up.” Awful ref these days.
Completely agree. Where did that come from, he really didn't want to see clinches.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad