Women's Featherweight bout: Abigail Montes vs. Michelle Montague
Featherweight bout: Abdullah Al-Qahtani vs. David Zelner
Featherweight bout: John Caldone vs. Nathaniel Grimard​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This is actually an awesome ESPN card, it's just too bad it's on at 5am (for me at least).

I expect Max to piece up Zombie for 20-25 minutes, unfortunately.

Smith/Spann is a good fight, and Chikadze/Caceres should be really fun.

Blanchfield v Santos could probably headline an Apex card.. so bizarre it's buried as the 5th fight at in the early morning.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Am I the only one that's confused about where Blanchfield and Santos are slotted? Santos was last seen co-maining a PPV card where she took the champion to a split decision. Blanchfield was last seen headlining a fight night card, beating a big name in WMMA. Now they're the 2nd fight on a fight night slotted between Junior Tafa vs. Parker Porter and Rinya Nakamura vs. Fernie Garcia.

I understand the A side was the name power the UFC relied on in their last fight but both these girls get swept under the rug here a bit with this demotion?

I'm guessing the UFC sees Rose vs Fiorot as being the #1 contender fight for the winner of Grasso vs Shevchenko 2 and they don't think now is the time to push Blanchfield or (Santos) since there's at least 2 title fights to happen before either of them gets their next shot. Just seems a bit disrespectful to slot them further down the card than a pairing that has a combined 1 UFC win.

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Am I the only one that's confused about where Blanchfield and Santos are slotted? Santos was last seen co-maining a PPV card where she took the champion to a split decision. Blanchfield was last seen headlining a fight night card, beating a big name in WMMA. Now they're the 2nd fight on a fight night slotted between Junior Tafa vs. Parker Porter and Rinya Nakamura vs. Fernie Garcia.

I understand the A side was the name power the UFC relied on in their last fight but both these girls get swept under the rug here a bit with this demotion?

I'm guessing the UFC sees Rose vs Fiorot as being the #1 contender fight for the winner of Grasso vs Shevchenko 2 and they don't think now is the time to push Blanchfield or (Santos) since there's at least 2 title fights to happen before either of them gets their next shot. Just seems a bit disrespectful to slot them further down the card than a pairing that has a combined 1 UFC win.

There's no way to justify it, it's just dumb. That fight would be PPV worthy on this last PPV or the next PPV and instead it's buried here.

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yeah, it's not a bad Fight Night main card despite hating the main event.

I think Zombie can still beat ranked guys, but main event, in Asia, against a legend like Max...it wouldn't surprise me if he's planning on pouring the jug out and then retiring when he inevitably loses.

Smith-Spann is fine, but is also kind of weird since Smith submitted him in the first round like 2 years ago and Spann lost his last fight. I know Smith is 0-2 since that fight, too, but still.

Giga-Caceres is fun.

Blanchfield-Santos is certainly my main event. I've seen enough of them to know they are very good, but not enough to really have any idea how it's going to play out.

Reactions: Taytro and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What a terrible gameplan by Ring that knee to the body was disgusting
I probably should have done research that his coaches are his combat JJ dad and “Chuck Norris fight systems” mom

Would have def not put him in my parlay! The second I heard that in the package I let out an audible f***kkkkkkkkkk

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
PFL is so weird man. They've been promoting the "PFLW" thing all night but providing no explanation of what the hell it actually is

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
PFL is so weird man. They've been promoting the "PFLW" thing all night but providing no explanation of what the hell it actually is

Are they just branding the women separately?

So strange

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I completely forgot about the PFL card last night

Burgos losing to Collard. Justice for Schulte!

Btw Clay Collard is just a flat out good fighter, he has a tall task ahead of him with OAM but man is he fun to watch. Awesome boxing, constant pressure, good chin

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I completely forgot about the PFL card last night

Burgos losing to Collard. Justice for Schulte!

Btw Clay Collard is just a flat out good fighter, he has a tall task ahead of him with OAM but man is he fun to watch. Awesome boxing, constant pressure, good chin
Just watched it on pvr waiting for rain delay and Idk, I thought they both looked kinda bad, collard is durable and threw alot but got hit alot too. Burgos could've got ko'd in the first round he was slow and hasn't looked good for a few fights now iirc.

Whole card wasnt too great aside from OAM who should win easily.

Sy wasn't really tested although his take down defense was great, he got controlled the ground. Bigger leal was ineffective on the ground and standing.

Both magomed and biaggio won but neither looked particularly impressive against some guy named ed davis and a kid on 12 days notice. Both got cracked multiple times and magomed couldn't finish and probably lost the 3rd round.

Maybe I'm just being harsh, been underwhelmed by mma lately and want this bellator merger to happen and hopefully upping the game for all parties.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I’m watching at 5 AM

Yeah, I'm going to skip the prelims (2am here) and aim for like 515-530am.

Catch a highlight of whoever gets KO'd in the HW bout and then start with Blanchfield/Santos.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I get out of work around 3-4am eastern... do I stay up and ruin my day and watch this ? Most likely sleep a couple hours and watch the main with an early breakfast

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If this is Zombie's last fight, thanks for the memories.

Want to watch an old fun Zombie fight on Fight Pass? Korean Zombie v Leonard Garcia 1 @ WEC 48 is an insane back-and-forth battle. It's basically Korean Zombie vs a less-skilled Korean Zombie in Garcia, though Garcia gets the nod. Amazing fight in Zombie's WEC debut.

I've seen TKZ fight live once, and it's the rematch to that fight. Everyone was expecting another brawl, but instead we got the first (and only, for awhile) twister sub. Cool finish, though admittedly in the arena most people didn't even know what a twister was so most probably thought it was some sort of modified rnc.

Sadly, he was on the receiving end of one of my favorite finishes in UFC history v Yair Rodriguez. 2018 KO of the year.

Hope we get a good battle tomorrow morning.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If this is Zombie's last fight, thanks for the memories.

Want to watch an old fun Zombie fight on Fight Pass? Korean Zombie v Leonard Garcia 1 @ WEC 48 is an insane back-and-forth battle. It's basically Korean Zombie vs a less-skilled Korean Zombie in Garcia, though Garcia gets the nod. Amazing fight in Zombie's WEC debut.

I've seen TKZ fight live once, and it's the rematch to that fight. Everyone was expecting another brawl, but instead we got the first (and only, for awhile) twister sub. Cool finish, though admittedly in the arena most people didn't even know what a twister was so most probably thought it was some sort of modified rnc.

Sadly, he was on the receiving end of one of my favorite finishes in UFC history v Yair Rodriguez. 2018 KO of the year.

Hope we get a good battle tomorrow morning.
I lost the last leg of a 7 way parlay that would’ve paid me a couple thousands bucks on that elbow

My first card out of the hospital. I had gotten lucky and the swelling in my spinal cord went down and it didn’t do enough damage to prevent me from walking again. I tell myself I made that deal with the devil in exchange for the gambling pain lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad