Lightweight bout: Benoit St. Denis vs. Gabriel Miranda
Bantamweight bout: Khalid Taha vs. Cristian Quinonez
Women's Featherweight bout: Stephanie Egger vs. Ailin Perez​

Reactions: td_ice

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Imavov v Buckley just randomly hidden in the middle of the prelim card for whatever reason.

Unfortunately I'll be travelling so I'm going to miss this one. I think it's going to be a good one though - action fights all over and then some high-end action in the big two fights.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Imavov v Buckley just randomly hidden in the middle of the prelim card for whatever reason.

Unfortunately I'll be travelling so I'm going to miss this one. I think it's going to be a good one though - action fights all over and then some high-end action in the big two fights.
Imavov-Buckley being buried on the prelims is stupid, but follows their on-going trend of putting a really good fight on early so more hard cores tune in early.

The top 2 fights are great on paper, but I expect both to be rather one-sided in Gane and Whittaker's favors. Although, I've doubted Tuivasa before.

I wish Whittaker would stop talking about going to LHW. He's not a big MW and obviously used to fight at WW. I know he's in a tough spot having lost to Izzy twice, but I don't like his chances at LHW at all. He's much better off just hoping someone beats Izzy or Izzy leaves the division.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Imavov-Buckley being buried on the prelims is stupid, but follows their on-going trend of putting a really good fight on early so more hard cores tune in early.

The top 2 fights are great on paper, but I expect both to be rather one-sided in Gane and Whittaker's favors. Although, I've doubted Tuivasa before.

I wish Whittaker would stop talking about going to LHW. He's not a big MW and obviously used to fight at WW. I know he's in a tough spot having lost to Izzy twice, but I don't like his chances at LHW at all. He's much better off just hoping someone beats Izzy or Izzy leaves the division.

I haven't heard Whittaker talk about moving up to LHW but it would be a ridiculous idea. Now, I do think he's better suited for LHW than Izzy, but that's not saying much. Rob would be so undersized, he's shorter than every ranked 205'er, sometimes giving up as much as 5 inches. Not to mention that he wouldn't have any strength advantage over them either. I think 205 is very slow right now and Whittaker is faster than most guys in that division but the height, reach, and strength/physicality disadvantages would be far too much to overcome.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I haven't heard Whittaker talk about moving up to LHW but it would be a ridiculous idea. Now, I do think he's better suited for LHW than Izzy, but that's not saying much. Rob would be so undersized, he's shorter than every ranked 205'er, sometimes giving up as much as 5 inches. Not to mention that he wouldn't have any strength advantage over them either. I think 205 is very slow right now and Whittaker is faster than most guys in that division but the height, reach, and strength/physicality disadvantages would be far too much to overcome.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I'm rooting for a shooey but we all know it's a bit one sided on paper. Who knows maybe tuivasa lands a Hail Mary and ends it.
Saw a video where Tuivasa and Gane are apparently planning on both doing shoeys after the fight, but yea I'm also gonna be pulling for a more celebratory shoey here.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Gane fights too intelligently/conservatively to lose to Tuivasa. I expect a pretty easy, although uninspiring decision win for him.

I like Vettori (I realize I'm in the minority), but I don't see how he wins this. He has a pretty unique resume. Virtually no KO/TKO wins, and also never been finished. His wrestling isn't good enough to keep Whittaker down (or likely even get him there), so unless he can win a 29/28 on pressure I just think Whittaker is a little better.

They really could've used one of these fights on the upcoming Diaz/Chimaev PPV.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
On DWCS- Dudakova coming in with a bum knee as a big dog and racks up 10 min of control time and a win. Slava Borschev with the translation save at the end as the UFC appeared a little unprepared for that lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a shot by Kinoshita. That was perfect on the slow motion replay.

Dumas looked good in his win too.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Gane fights too intelligently/conservatively to lose to Tuivasa. I expect a pretty easy, although uninspiring decision win for him.

I like Vettori (I realize I'm in the minority), but I don't see how he wins this. He has a pretty unique resume. Virtually no KO/TKO wins, and also never been finished. His wrestling isn't good enough to keep Whittaker down (or likely even get him there), so unless he can win a 29/28 on pressure I just think Whittaker is a little better.

They really could've used one of these fights on the upcoming Diaz/Chimaev PPV.

I was thinking the same thing. Lol at charging people for that PPV while Whittaker is the co-main on some Fight Night.

Reactions: CDJ and BGDDYKWL

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Watching both of them at the open workouts yesterday and it's immediately apparent that Gane's movement and striking are multiple levels beyond Tuivasa's. I'm almost positive Gane is actually the best heavyweight in the world right now and got shook up by a bum-knee Francis going full on wrestler mode out of nowhere.

My hope is whoever wins this fight does so without sustaining much injury and jumps back in with Jones on December 10th.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Watching both of them at the open workouts yesterday and it's immediately apparent that Gane's movement and striking are multiple levels beyond Tuivasa's. I'm almost positive Gane is actually the best heavyweight in the world right now and got shook up by a bum-knee Francis going full on wrestler mode out of nowhere.

My hope is whoever wins this fight does so without sustaining much injury and jumps back in with Jones on December 10th.

If he doesn't improve his wrestling/takedown defense, then that's a serious issue in MMA, and hard to call him the best right now. You said it yourself, he got taken down by Francis, who is not exactly known as a renowned wrestler!

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
If he doesn't improve his wrestling/takedown defense, then that's a serious issue in MMA, and hard to call him the best right now. You said it yourself, he got taken down by Francis, who is not exactly known as a renowned wrestler!
I'm inclined to believe that was more a lack of preparation and just being caught off guard by that approach. It's a mistake definitely but now that it's happened it's not something I think is going to happen to him again.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think Curtis Blaydes ragdolls him
I'd like to see this because Blaydes has actually taken big steps in his striking too. Obviously not even close to Ganes level but being able to mix it up and dominate the wrestling could be a huge problem for Gane.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The post fight ring interview after the 2nd fight was a bit silly.

Bisping asks question
Holds mic to translator - translator does his thing
Fighter gives a look that says 'f***ed if I know I don't speak English or French' and goes off on the mic happily shouting to the crowd in Spanish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad