GDT: UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Spivak

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not a bad fight for a prelim womens fight that goes to decision

I lean Edwards but she’s had some split decision luck in the past, due for a split L

Edit: yup she got that unfair decision loss lol. 30-27 Nora seems like hometown cooking. None of the rounds were blowout rounds i guess tho

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
What a fun performance by Charrière. Wow, great way to break in, I'll be definitely watching his next fight he looked really good on the feet.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What a fun performance by Charrière. Wow, great way to break in, I'll be definitely watching his next fight he looked really good on the feet.

Yeah that was an awesome finish. Looked really good.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Lol wtf, why not just tell him he has to continue
The ref did tell him to continue and he turned his back and hunched over or whatever so the ref took that as him being done.

The thing that gets me is Gomis also stopped as soon as the strike happened, so did he think it was low too? Stupid situation, but I understand the call. Ref told you it was a clean shot but you turned your back anyway so it looked like you're done fighting.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The ref did tell him to continue and he turned his back and hunched over or whatever so the ref took that as him being done.

The thing that gets me is Gomis also stopped as soon as the strike happened, so did he think it was low too? Stupid situation, but I understand the call. Ref told you it was a clean shot but you turned your back anyway so it looked like you're done fighting.
Yeah the ref was telling them to keep going, not much he could do after that I don’t think. Seemed like the right call, seemed like Gomis was cruising to a win anyway

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Big win for BSD.

Can't be getting reckless like he did at times against top 15 guys at LW, but I'll chalk that up to being too hyped being in front of his hometown crowd.

Reactions: m9 and Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
What a performance by BSD. Got worried that he could get caught when they were brawling but he clearly knew what he was doing. He just made a highly skilled fighter look like a toddler, made a very tough guy turtle and quit on the canvas.

I have a feeling hes going to be like Gaethje in the sense that toughness and power gets you so far, but brawling can put you in some vulnerable positions. When he starts fighting more technically and smart he is going to look like a world beater.

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad