Women's Bantamweight bout: Nora Cornolle vs. Joselyne Edwards
Welterweight bout: Ange Loosa vs. Rhys McKee
Bantamweight bout: Farid Basharat vs. Kleydson Rodrigues​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Gane/Spivak is a serviceable main event but Fiorot/Rose is by far the more intriguing fight to me. Those two fights definitely make this is a watchable card.

BSD v Moises is a good one. I think BSD could be a future ranked guy, but this is a tough test. Oezdemir is always a good watch.

Loughran & Basharat are probably the two prospect names I'm keeping an eye on here.

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Javid is better than Farid but both Basharat’s are going to be ranked fighters in the ufc at the very least imo

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This is a terrible matchup for Gane. Spivak averages 5.05 takedowns per 15min and he's got decent power himself. I guess from Gane's perspective, if he can show he can stuff a few takedowns and get a win, it gets him back on track rather quickly, but how much can his TDD improve in 6 months? And if the answer is a lot, why didn't he improve it a lot between the Francis and Jones fights?

I still hate that Rose went to 125. She's got 2 wins over the current 115 champ and as far as I know, has zero issue making 115. I am interested to see what it looks like, but I think she should have stayed at 115 for now.

I'm not sure I have ever seen BSD, but if he looks good against Moises, he's got my attention.

I never know whether Volkan is coming or going, but it's usually fun one way or another.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I still hate that Rose went to 125. She's got 2 wins over the current 115 champ and as far as I know, has zero issue making 115. I am interested to see what it looks like, but I think she should have stayed at 115 for now.
I'm guessing she was incentivized to do so since the UFC really wants to keep Weili at the top of that division and they know how but of a star Rose is. They're hoping to have Rose at 125 and Weili at 115, that way the women's divisions look really strong with drawing power after losing their biggest star.

Shevchenko is a great athlete but I don't think she sells as well as the UFC would like, she's also capable of fighting at 135.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm guessing she was incentivized to do so since the UFC really wants to keep Weili at the top of that division and they know how but of a star Rose is. They're hoping to have Rose at 125 and Weili at 115, that way the women's divisions look really strong with drawing power after losing their biggest star.

Shevchenko is a great athlete but I don't think she sells as well as the UFC would like, she's also capable of fighting at 135.
It still baffles me why Rose is a star, but you might be right. Not that Rose is some major star in the grand scheme of things. For WMMA, sure, but she's headlined what? 1 PPV? I think 2 cards overall.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think the Rose thing had anything to do with Weili. She's had some interviews where she talked about not really being motivated to fight and contemplated walking away but the idea of fighting in a new division excited her.

Reactions: I am not exposed

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
This is a terrible matchup for Gane. Spivak averages 5.05 takedowns per 15min and he's got decent power himself. I guess from Gane's perspective, if he can show he can stuff a few takedowns and get a win, it gets him back on track rather quickly, but how much can his TDD improve in 6 months? And if the answer is a lot, why didn't he improve it a lot between the Francis and Jones fights?

I'm not sure I have ever seen BSD, but if he looks good against Moises, he's got my attention.

I never know whether Volkan is coming or going, but it's usually fun one way or another.

IIRC, BSD made his debut on short notice at 170 on prelims of a PPV. And it was the craziest/worst thing to watch because he should have been stopped in the 2nd round. It was competitive until like he ate a knee or two on take down attempts, or just got caught on the chin or something.... and then just got beat up badly. But the ref never stopped it. It got to the point that the commentating was just all the guys yelling to stop the fight, and the f***ing ref never did. They immediately pulled that ref from the other fights he was lined up for that night and the commentating team announced it. That's how bad it was.

Became a fan of BSD that night because he showed a ton of heart and managed to turn it around a bit even after that beat down, but still lost.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
IIRC, BSD made his debut on short notice at 170 on prelims of a PPV. And it was the craziest/worst thing to watch because he should have been stopped in the 2nd round. It was competitive until like he ate a knee or two on take down attempts, or just got caught on the chin or something.... and then just got beat up badly. But the ref never stopped it. It got to the point that the commentating was just all the guys yelling to stop the fight, and the f***ing ref never did. They immediately pulled that ref from the other fights he was lined up for that night and the commentating team announced it. That's how bad it was.

Became a fan of BSD that night because he showed a ton of heart and managed to turn it around a bit even after that beat down, but still lost.
Looks like it would have been UFC 267 in Abu Dhabi. I remember that happening, but never would have remembered it was him. I don't think I watched the fight either, just heard about it later in the night.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Mostly agree but there's a big difference between Francis and Jones takedowns

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Crazy ass Russian ref iirc. To say Dana was mad is an understatement

Zaleski dos Santos beat the piss out of him. He’s bounced back in a big way

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
iirc Gane never even went to ground against Jones, they clinched against the cage and then he got subbed.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
iirc Gane never even went to ground against Jones, they clinched against the cage and then he got subbed.
Nope. Jones slipped a punch, took his back, and dragged him down to the ground. Gane crawled to the cage and started getting back up, but Jones quickly dragged him back down. Jones ended up in a mount with Gane sitting upright against the cage and got the choke.

Technically, Jones was credited with 2 takedowns.

Reactions: Moncherry

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Nope. Jones slipped a punch, took his back, and dragged him down to the ground. Gane crawled to the cage and started getting back up, but Jones quickly dragged him back down. Jones ended up in a mount with Gane sitting upright against the cage and got the choke.

Technically, Jones was credited with 2 takedowns.
Oh ok. I just vaguely remember Gane getting choked against the fence.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Another fight night that won't be on TV in Canada great lol.

I'm actually looking forward for Rose-Manon more than the main event. I think it will be both good and close, while one of Gane or Spivac is just going to run through the other.

Kinda odd but I feel like this card has more people making their debuts and people about to get cut than usual. Maybe because it's international?

Reactions: Taytro and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Another fight night that won't be on TV in Canada great lol.

I'm actually looking forward for Rose-Manon more than the main event. I think it will be both good and close, while one of Gane or Spivac is just going to run through the other.

Kinda odd but I feel like this card has more people making their debuts and people about to get cut than usual. Maybe because it's international?
A lot of the debuts are French, probably just juicing up the card w hometown fighters

Reactions: Taytro and 16Skippy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad