Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs. Mike Malott
Middleweight bout: Chris Curtis vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
Featherweight bout: Arnold Allen vs. Movsar Evloev

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPNNews, Sportsnet)

Bantamweight bout: Brad Katona vs. Garrett Armfield
Featherweight bout: Charles Jourdain vs. Sean Woodson
Bantamweight bout: Serhiy Sidey vs. Ramon Taveras
Women's Strawweight bout: Gillian Robertson vs. Polyana Viana

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Yohan Lainesse vs. Sam Patterson
Women's Flyweight bout: Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Priscila Cachoeira
Flyweight bout: Malcolm Gordon vs. Jimmy Flick​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ok main card but I am not a fan of these prelims honestly

The prelims scream "you know there's playoff football on, right?"

With Jan/Rakic & Ulberg/Reyes falling off this one feels pretty underwhelming.

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gordon/JJ/Jourdain Maple Leaf Parlay @ +228

flick has looked as bad as anybody on the roster since coming back, JJ should get a decision win, Jourdain should be able to bully Woodson in the battle of guys who’ve been D’Arce’d by Juicy J

Reactions: Taytro

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Strickland said today that he messaged Dricus and told him if he brings up his childhood again he is going to stab him... lol
I do get a kick out of the biggest shit talkers being exposed as the most bitch made people out there. It's hard to think of someone less deserving of sympathy on the roster than Strickland.

edit: Maybe Colby, lol

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Main card works I guess

This is just an appetizer for the 3 ppv that follow
Pretty much this. I have interest in all of the main card fights, but there's nothing that really gets my hyped like the next 3 do....I could maybe talk myself into getting hyped for Strickland/DDP, but there's still a part of me that doubts both of them.

-----------------

I think I lean DDP because of the power. At least based on the Whittaker fight, DDP's not just some meathead jock swinging for the fences. He has some skills to set things up, but he has fight ending power. And unlike Izzy, if he starts falling behind, I think he'll go for it. Could definitely see Strickland's defense frustrating and confusing him, though. Regardless of what I think about either of their chances to go on a championship run, I think it's a great fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he’s just so much more physical than Strickland that he pulls it off. He’s really good on the ground too, underrated there. I just saw him run through a quintet

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lol strickland really comes across as such a douche in the media... not even a big DDP fan but pulling for him to win now lol

Reactions: canucksfan

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah this looks more like a good fight night rather than a PPV.

This PPV card screams Fight Night lol

it just dawned on me that the Women's Bantamweight belt was still vacant for this long.
It's not a great card but when's the last time there was 2 title fights on a fight night card? I'm actually a fan of the main card, not the best we've ever seen but it should be fun. On the prelims Katona and Jourdain should put on exciting fights to close it out. Would have been much more exciting without the 2 that fell off though.

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gordon/JJ/Jourdain Maple Leaf Parlay @ +228

flick has looked as bad as anybody on the roster since coming back, JJ should get a decision win, Jourdain should be able to bully Woodson in the battle of guys who’ve been D’Arce’d by Juicy J
Since this post

Gordon from -142 to -205

Jourdain -190 to -205

JJ remains at -380

Seems like ppl have similar thoughts about Jourdain and especially Gordon/Flick

Dricus has gone from +114 to +110

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm good with the main event being basically a coin flip. Too many question marks about each guy. DDP is the more dynamic guy but I still have questions about his cardio when the fight goes 10 minutes+ and Strickland is a cardio machine with very effective boxing. He's basically a prime 185lb Nick Diaz which is a compliment but also is a guy that is far from unbeatable.

As for the card itself, it's not good. They really needed that big 3rd fight and Jan/Rakic would have been it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
More money coming in on Dricus and Jourdain

Personally I thought the online mma communities response to guys like Brian Campbell rebuking Strickland’s clearly bigoted words was embarrassing, but as I’ve learned over the years that’s the negative that comes with being a fan of this sport. And to be clear I don’t even hate Strickland, I feel for him and the conditions he grew up under. But it is what it is, saying you’re a weak man for supporting a gay son is shitty and bigoted. It’s also ironic coming from the “I’ll stab you if you talk about my childhood trauma, daddy was mean to me” guy. That’s as far as I’m gonna get into it on here though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16Skippy and Zeppo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
More money coming in on Dricus and Jourdain

Personally I thought the online mma communities response to guys like Brian Campbell rebuking Strickland’s clearly bigoted words was embarrassing, but as I’ve learned over the years that’s the negative that comes with being a fan of this sport. And to be clear I don’t even hate Strickland, I feel for him and the conditions he grew up under. But it is what it is, saying you’re a weak man for supporting a gay son is shitty and bigoted. It’s also ironic coming from the “I’ll stab you if you talk about my childhood trauma, daddy was mean to me” guy. That’s as far as I’m gonna get into it on here though.

Yeah, I generally like Strickland and probably agree with him on many things more than most. And if I'm being totally honest I can't stand the liberal media especially here in Canada where that is the only version of things you get from most news sources. But you can also get that message out in a non-hateful way.

I actually listened to AK Lee (the media member) address the situation on a podcast today and he actually didn't have a huge problem with Strickland's answer. The main problem he had really was people portraying it like his question was out of left field and his point was that if people watched the entire interview it was actually Strickland who introduced the topic or some sort of political stuff right from the top. He doesn't like Strickland and disagrees with him but basically said he's entitled to his opinion and didn't really take offense to it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, I generally like Strickland and probably agree with him on many things more than most. And if I'm being totally honest I can't stand the liberal media especially here in Canada where that is the only version of things you get from most news sources. But you can also get that message out in a non-hateful way.

I actually listened to AK Lee (the media member) address the situation on a podcast today and he actually didn't have a huge problem with Strickland's answer. The main problem he had really was people portraying it like his question was out of left field and his point was that if people watched the entire interview it was actually Strickland who introduced the topic or some sort of political stuff right from the top. He doesn't like Strickland and disagrees with him but basically said he's entitled to his opinion and didn't really take offense to it.
That’s exactly it

I will say this about Sean- he’s very different than Colby in my eyes. He’s genuine and that’s why he has the appeal he has to the every-man.

Reactions: Taytro and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad