GDT: UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He's not as fake or as big of a douche as Colby. Very few are.

But he's also said he wants to kill somebody in the octagon. Stuff like that, either he's playing up his madman persona or he's not at all likeable. Can't have it both ways IMO.

That's kind of my point.. I think he does actually think things like that and has those feelings. Maybe not all the time, but when he said it I feel like he meant it. It doesn't surprise me that someone with his background trauma and who fights people for a living is going to have some pretty wild thoughts.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That's kind of my point.. I think he does actually think things like that and has those feelings. Maybe not all the time, but when he said it I feel like he meant it. It doesn't surprise me that someone with his background trauma and who fights people for a living is going to have some pretty wild thoughts.
I think if he actually thought things like that, he wouldn't be well liked by his peers. So I think it's partially an act. Not to the extent of Colby, certainly, but playing it up.

Reactions: Taytro

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Speaking of Colby, it looks like they're getting close to announcing his fight with Edwards

Reactions: m9

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think if he actually thought things like that, he wouldn't be well liked by his peers. So I think it's partially an act. Not to the extent of Colby, certainly, but playing it up.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I don't think it's 100% an act like Colby. But I'm just saying he's leaning into the persona/personality or exaggerating it after seeing that acting a certain way got him some positive attention.

“I would never bring your family into this” - Dude who mimicked Pereira being knocked out cold in front of his son

Izzy's a clown for this. IMO it proves that Strickland was in his head before the fight even started. The first thing on your mind after the fight shouldn't be his comments about you and a dog lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad