GDT: UFC 291: Poirier vs. Gaethje 2/Bellator x Rizin 2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think Jan's path to victory is a technical stand up fight here. I think he can try to bully Pereira on the ground, or out muscle him on the feet/clinch. But if it becomes a technical point fighting match, I think that favours Pereira.

Didn't you hear what Tony said??? He feels like hes in his physical prime, he's the best fighter he's ever been. How is Bobby Green an easy hit vs the best Tony Ferguson we've ever seen?? /s

But seriously I want Tony to win so bad. I can't stand to see his head get rattled around anymore.
I’m not sure he should be fighting so soon after a brutal car wreck/DUI

Reactions: Taytro

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The Bellator portion of the card begins at 8 pm PST/11 pm EST, should put the Horiguchi/Shinryu fight right after the main events for UFC and Spence/Crawford, with the Rizin portion starting after (once they change from a cage to a ring). Should be a wild night.

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
I feel like the turnaround is too quick for Alex. Maybe being up in weight helps some, or maybe I am just too worried for nothing.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't think Jan's path to victory is a technical stand up fight here. I think he can try to bully Pereira on the ground, or out muscle him on the feet/clinch. But if it becomes a technical point fighting match, I think that favours Pereira.

Didn't you hear what Tony said??? He feels like hes in his physical prime, he's the best fighter he's ever been. How is Bobby Green an easy hit vs the best Tony Ferguson we've ever seen?? /s

But seriously I want Tony to win so bad. I can't stand to see his head get rattled around anymore.
Tony Ferguson has CTE issues at this point if he thinks hes in his prime.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel like the turnaround is too quick for Alex. Maybe being up in weight helps some, or maybe I am just too worried for nothing.
Yeah I’m big on Jan, was very pleased to see the odds swing to even like they did

Pereira looks great physically at 205 but he was also held down by Izzy. I don’t think Jan is a dumb fighter, I think he’ll immediately look for that takedown and I really like Jan by sub +550 and I love Jan -110

Reactions: Taytro

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"Right, you're 185 right now......"

Rogan's so unprepared he doesn't even know which weight class the guy he's interviewing is in. 😂

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Haven't been able to watch anything yet but with the Matthews, Medic, and Kopylov wins I just need my heart bet (Tony) to finish the parlay. If Tony loses he should probably retire.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good decision.

Not sure what Salvador is complaining about. Dude spent half the time showing off like he's Nick Diaz in there. After missing weight by 2.5 lbs too.

Just a weird fight.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Man, Holland dominated Chiesa there.

Damn, two years is a long time to be away from the octagon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad